Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Visa Delayed

• 08-01-2013 4:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hoping someone here can help me.

My IEC Visa runs out on February 20th this year. I am currently working full-time and plan on staying here and obtaining permanent residency in the near future.

However as the IEC visas for this year have not been released yet, there will certainly be a period between my current visa running out and obtaining my new visa.

I am just wondering if anyone has any idea what I can do LEGALLY to obtain some sort of work permit that will tide me over for the few weeks that it will take to process my second IEC visa (hopefully they'll be released before February...)

Thanks in advance for any help!

(Also, an LMO isn't an option at the moment for me as my employer tried it before and doesn't want the hassle of doing it again)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭mazi

Tsukimi wrote: »
    Hi all,

Hoping someone here can help me.

My IEC Visa runs out on February 20th this year. I am currently working full-time and plan on staying here and obtaining permanent residency in the near future.

However as the IEC visas for this year have not been released yet, there will certainly be a period between my current visa running out and obtaining my new visa.

I am just wondering if anyone has any idea what I can do LEGALLY to obtain some sort of work permit that will tide me over for the few weeks that it will take to process my second IEC visa (hopefully they'll be released before February...)

Thanks in advance for any help!

(Also, an LMO isn't an option at the moment for me as my employer tried it before and doesn't want the hassle of doing it again)

The only way you can stay is if your employer sponsors you but you said thats not an option unless you applied for the provincial nominee program via work otherwise you will just have to leave and wait until it comes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tycon

HI

I am in the same situation and filled out this form (IMM 5708) on www.cic.gc.ca , it allows you to change your status to a visitor but you wont be able to pay tax while your on the visitor visa . Might help if your boss is up for paying you cash :)

Advertisement