Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Architect Technician - West Cork

• 08-01-2013 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Can someone recommend an architect technician in West Cork please? Preferably around the Clonakilty/Rosscarbery/Skilbbereen area. We need someone to draw up plans for a new house build, we pretty much know what we want, we basically need someone to draw it up for us.

As an aside, how much would an architect technician generally charge to draw up plans for an 2,000 sq foot house? I know it's a very vague question but the design is straightforward enough, could anyone give a cost range here? We already paid an architect €4,000 to design and submit planning for a different house design and we don't want to spend the same amount of money again.

Thanks guys!

Tommy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,390 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You could post in this thread in the same format as the other posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭atech

Tommy,

Roughly what changes will there be from what was granted planning to what you now propose?

To my knowledge you will probably need to submit a new Full planning application (including OS Maps/site suitability assessment/etc) so it's probably not going to be as simple as drawing up an alternative design and submitting that for approval.
    If you want to PM me the planning number I can check this with the area planner tomorrow.

As your previous designer most likely already did the site survey and site suitability assessment you may find that they will be cheaper as they already have most of this information already gathered/drawn so won't need to start from scratch.

Just to let you know if you got planning prior to December 2011 and have substantial work done by the 30 November 2013 your house won't need to meet Part L 2011 Regulations.
    If you re-apply for planning in the next month it may be difficult to get to that stage by then.
    You might need to reduce the house size further to offset the additional cost of meeting these regulations.

Advertisement