Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repurposing a bathroom

Options
  • 08-01-2013 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I've just bought a house. It included a downstairs bedroom with an ensuite (loo, shower and sink). I have no use for this, and intend to use the bedroom for something else and turn the ensuite into a utility room for washing machine etc.

I have read that it's against building regs to install sockets in a bathroom. How much work would I need to do to make this room count as not a bathroom?

Do I need to rip absolutely everything out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i would hazard a guess if the water supply to the shower is 'permanently' disconnected that should be enough

i could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭JustSomeone

M cebee wrote: »
    i would hazard a guess if the water supply to the shower is 'permanently' disconnected that should be enough

Thanks - that's what I would expect as well.

Advertisement