Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Spotify are not currently offering downloads"

Options
  • 08-01-2013 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Mods feel free to move to a more appropriate forum :)

"Spotify are not currently offering downloads".... This is what appears when you click "Get". No further explanation on the site either.

Anyone know what the story is with this? I have the premium free trial, and was going to go premium when it was up, but want to be able to download so I can put music on CDs. Is it just for a certain time, for Ireland, or what?

Any info appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the "get" button is just a link to an online store where you can buy an MP3 of the track - I think the way it works is you buy credits from Spotify and 1 credit = 1 MP3, so fine if you like prog rock, not so great if you like punk.

But its nothing you couldn't buy from iTunes or 7Digital, and the monthly premium subscription does not include permanent downloads (though you can make playlists available offline, you don't own the tracks).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Roisy7

Thanks guys :)

I thought it was a case where you got a limited no of free downloads for your subscription. In that case I'll be hanging on to my tenner for iTunes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Roisy7 wrote: »
    Thanks guys :)

I thought it was a case where you got a limited no of free downloads for your subscription. In that case I'll be hanging on to my tenner for iTunes :)

Spotify gives you access to literally millions of tracks - worth the tenner a month IMO (which would only buy you 1 album on iTunes).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Roisy7

loyatemu wrote: »
    Spotify gives you access to literally millions of tracks - worth the tenner a month IMO (which would only buy you 1 album on iTunes).

Hmmmm I didn't mind the ads on the free version, and you have to like sync your music before you go out for the offline mode? I find the app a little confusing. It's an ipod touch so don't have data mins or anything like that.

I host a music show on community radio and I find cds a lot easier to use than uploading tracks to jazzler which can take ages! (I know, stone age me :pac:) so that's why I prefer to own the music rather than just stream.

Streaming's great at home but every so often I come across a song which I have to have and I thought you could download with spotify! :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement