Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken Chomps Crisps

• 08-01-2013 11:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but was having a discussion bout crisps and got talking about the old 10p crisps i.e. banshee bones, hot lips and the like one of my faves was what I believe were called Chicken Chomps (chicken flavoured ball shaped crisp snack), my friend said they were prob called something else as no picture could be found online. So basically would like some help confirming this/locating a picture of said crisps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bella_Lyn86

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but was having a discussion bout crisps and got talking about the old 10p crisps i.e. banshee bones, hot lips and the like one of my faves was what I believe were called Chicken Chomps (chicken flavoured ball shaped crisp snack), my friend said they were prob called something else as no picture could be found online. So basically would like some help confirming this/locating a picture of said crisps.

We have to find a picture of these yummy balls of roast chicken :D

On page 17 on this link it says it was KP Ireland that produced Chicken Chomps

http://azeemsheikh.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/mcvities.pdf

But still no joy on picture evidence :confused: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

We have to find a picture of these yummy balls of roast chicken :D[/QUOTE]

Bella I never knew chickens had ba**s. You from the sticks that you know such things.

We have to find a picture of these yummy balls of roast chicken :D[/QUOTE]

Bella I never knew chickens had ba**s. You from the sticks that you know such things.

Going by your username the sticks sounds like home for you :p

Any USEFUL info would be appreciated ;):D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

tippwarrior you have just earned yourself a one week ban from this forum

tippwarrior you have just earned yourself a one week ban from this forum

Ah that is pretty harsh , thought we would all be friends here, can't beat a sense of humour on these dark January days :-)

Still no sign of photo evidence of chicken chomps :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Chickatees?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

tippwarrior, I was too harsh in banning you and apologise. Ban lifted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Chickatees?
    Nope they still have Chicatees in most local shops these were round, surprised a boardsie couldn't locate an image of a pack oh well :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I think that is the correct name. It was a black or dark blue packet iirc with yellow writing. They weren't out that long I think.

Edit: it was a purple bag. Made by KP ireland. Replaced by Prawn Cocktail Sponge Bob Square Pants around 2005.

http://www.fsai.ie/uploadedFiles/Science_and_Health/Salt_Reduction_Undertakings_07_08%5B1%5D%282%29.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Houndofthrones

Hey. I don't know if you're still following this thread. But I have found what you are looking for. I have been searching on and off for about 6 years now having sent multiple emails to KP to no avail. But finally I have come across a photo of chicken chomps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Houndofthrones

Here's a higher quality picture.

Advertisement