Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

salmon on the lower slaney

Options
  • 08-01-2013 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

With the slaney being open for salmon this year on a C&R and to barbless hooks only.
    IS it acceptable to de barb my taz devils and flying c's (also i guess i have to make my trebles into singles) or do i have to replace the hooks for barbless ones and if so where can i purchase barbless hooks that size? I can get my hands on 8/10/12/14/16 but can't seem to get anything larger in a barbless.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

breghall wrote: »
    With the slaney being open for salmon this year on a C&R and to barbless hooks only.
    IS it acceptable to de barb my taz devils and flying c's (also i guess i have to make my trebles into singles) or do i have to replace the hooks for barbless ones and if so where can i purchase barbless hooks that size? I can get my hands on 8/10/12/14/16 but can't seem to get anything larger in a barbless.
    Afaik it's ok to debarb them yourself
    I was at a fishery years ago and using barbed hooks and a lad came over and said they were illegal to use
    I said so what do I do now and he just pulled out a pliers and flattened the barb

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

breghall wrote: »

AFAIK its fly only.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

slaneylad wrote: »
    AFAIK its fly only.

It's rod and line on the whole slaney this year BUT it's fly only upriver from the the old bridge in Enniscorthy, no shrimping,worming or prawns either, that's what i've been told.

Advertisement