Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query about upgrading to Windows 8

Options
  • 08-01-2013 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Firstly, apologies if I'm in the wrong forum. I have Windows XP (Service Pack 3) on my computer and seem to meet the minimum hardware requirements that are required to upgrade to Windows 8 but just wanted to double check that you can upgrade from one to the other?

Thanks,
    Jennifer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

jenn1984 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Firstly, apologies if I'm in the wrong forum. I have Windows XP (Service Pack 3) on my computer and seem to meet the minimum hardware requirements that are required to upgrade to Windows 8 but just wanted to double check that you can upgrade from one to the other?

Thanks,
    Jennifer

AFAIK you can only upgrade from Vista or Windows 7. I think you'd have to buy the full version to install over XP (I'm open to correction on this)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

Just answered my own question, oops! Microsoft say that XP with service pack 3 is covered. Thanks :)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows/buy?ocid=GA8_O_WOL_Hero_ShopHP_FPP_Null

Advertisement