Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lack of pubs/clubs in Greystones

Options
  • 08-01-2013 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

Quite embarrasing really, only two pubs on the main street with the Burnaby and Ms. Robinsons.

And both of them are quite anti-young people, what is wrong with this town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

I fail to see why having only two pubs on the main street is embarrasing or how having less pubs than other towns might be a cause of shame.

Given the fate of the pubs on the Script site, all of which were pro-young people (for want of a better term), I'd say the incumbents are quite right to maintain their door policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Mahogany wrote: »
    Quite embarrasing really, only two pubs on the main street with the Burnaby and Ms. Robinsons.

And both of them are quite anti-young people, what is wrong with this town?

It's quite the opposite of being embarrasing imo.Greystones is a great town.You want more pubs go to Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Ms Robinsons is anti-young? Really? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Langerland wrote: »
    Ms Robinsons is anti-young? Really? :confused:

Well, kids have to be off the premises after 6:30... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Gosh not enough pubs and clubs in Greystones?! Thirty years on same old moan. Why not get the Omnibus over the hill to Bray..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Mahogany

When I say young I mean 18-25 sorry for the lack of clarity.

Need somewhere for us knacks to congregate you know, not all just about all you 30 somethings moaning about negative equity and the likes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

And what may I ask is the matter with cougars?

And what may I ask is the matter with cougars?

nothing in my book,i'll be there on Friday night checking out the latest batch.

Was there on Saurday and there was a fair share of sleezy blokes there,i'd say it's a bit tight to be a pick up joint but we'll see.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

When I say young I mean 18-25 sorry for the lack of clarity.

Need somewhere for us knacks to congregate you know, not all just about all you 30 somethings moaning about negative equity and the likes ;)

Sorry but had to cut and paste this image from the boards....made me smile. We all have different views on what makes Greystones great...some want more pubs...some want darn ;)

235558.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Gosh not enough pubs and clubs in Greystones?! Thirty years on same old moan. Why not get the Omnibus over the hill to Bray..

This is complete deja vu. People moaning about people moaning about the lack of pubs

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

This is complete deja vu. People moaning about people moaning about the lack of pubs

Life is Deja Vu...same sh*te different day.

nothing in my book,i'll be there on Friday night checking out the latest batch.

Was there on Saurday and there was a fair share of sleezy blokes there:D
    So you didn't like my white Rhinestone studded suit?

So you didn't like my white Rhinestone studded suit?

I'd probably need a pm of a pic to jog my memory:D

Sorry but had to cut and paste this image from the boards....made me smile. We all have different views on what makes Greystones great...some want more pubs...some want darn ;)

235558.JPG
    What about a knitting club/pub for cougars?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jethropool

235558.JPG

Spotted that this morning too. Had forgotten how unpleasant it is to have coffee and granola coming out ones nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Yes, and then when a new pub opens and people seem to like it, they are called sheeple. We're never pleased

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭madhatter76

You did forget the Beachhouse, its still a part of Greystones. And Saturdays the "Upstairs" It not bad alright.

But you're right for the 18-25 there's nothing. Possibly cause no one wants to mess with them and don't see youngsters as cash cows (customers). But its summer soon again and they will have their parties again in the mountains. ;-)

You did forget the Beachhouse, its still a part of Greystones. And Saturdays the "Upstairs" It not bad alright.

But you're right for the 18-25 there's nothing. Possibly cause no one wants to mess with them and don't see youngsters as cash cows (customers). But its summer soon again and they will have their parties again in the mountains. ;-)

I was down in Carlow during the summer and I was amazed at the amount of young people frequenting the pubs in the town centre, pints going for €2.50 and stuff aswell, quality. Albeit they have an IT down there, but still!

I was down in Carlow during the summer and I was amazed at the amount of young people frequenting the pubs in the town centre, pints going for €2.50 and stuff aswell, quality. Albeit they have an IT down there, but still!

And who cleaned the puke up????

Someone glad to have a job. Everyone's happy...no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Someone glad to have a job. Everyone's happy...no?

I'm don't think I'd condemn someone who moaned about their job as a vomit street cleaner.

ciaran67 wrote: »
    I'm don't think I'd condemn someone who moaned about their job as a vomit street cleaner.

Community Service...get the herberts to clean up their own mess :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 274 ✭✭The Durutti Column

Community Service...get the herberts to clean up their own mess :)

"Herberts"? Ahh, another Paul Theroux fan!

"Herberts"? Ahh, another Paul Theroux fan!

I had to Google him!!

So that's what worries you ?

Advertisement