Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISA Server 2006

Options
  • 08-01-2013 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

Our firewall is ISA 2006, it used to be that you could connect to our wlan using a laptop and browse the internet but not with a mobile device (android or iphone). The mobile device would connect but you could not browse the internet.
    Something has changed and I can't figure out what, users can now connect to the wlan from mobiles and browse - I need to change it back.
    When I started in this company this had already been configured and I never bothered to figure out how it had been done: i.e. laptops could browse and phones couldn't, so I can't figure out what has changed to allow this.
    It's possible a colleague changed something but he is out and uncontactable until the end of Jan.
    If anyone knows how this can be configured again I'd appreciate the help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I'd say join a phone to the wlan, and check it's IP. Access a web page.
    Then look in the ISA logs, filter by that IP, see which web access rules are allowing it and tighten them up

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

I'm guessing that WLAN ip range have been added to a filter in ISA.
    Then,somehow got "relaxed" or WIFI range changed !??

Advertisement