Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FA Rules

Options
  • 08-01-2013 1:04pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads, the rules for everyone for Free Agent signings are below.

Please thank the post to confirm you have read and understood.

If you break the rules, you will be forced to release the player and suffer whatever cap penalty is in play.

All players are to be offered a maximum of a 4 year deal, this means you can offer, 1,2,3,4 year deals

Also for the contract the max bonus amount is 20%
    This means that if a player wants 5 million a year.

You offer him 4 million in salary and 1 million a year in bonus.

If you are offering Flacco (sorry Pudsy) 6 million a year, 1.2 million is the max amount of bonus you can give.

So to re-cap.
    Maximum 4 year deal to be offered.
    The maximum amount of bonus you can offer a player is 20%

The reasons for this are to stop an issues arising with someone offering Flacco 6 million a year as guaranteed bonus, he will never turn down a deal like this.

Everyone will be on very level playing field from tonight onwards, happy hunting!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

If a player is signed and it goes against these guidelines and is subsequently released, the number 1 draft team will get first preference on signing this player and we will move down the draft numbers until someone signs him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Perrin, gonna keep this clean so it doesnt get to cluttered :pac:

Lads, there has been as light amendment. It's in red.
    Please review!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The Recap bit too Heli :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Lots of 4 year deals to be expected. Does this impact your own resignings???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Just thought I'd bump this for the new guys that joined after FA last season.
    Don't want anyone getting into trouble :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

just to be sure on this again, i can offer a player more then he desires and his bonus must 20% of it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Correct

But no more than a 4 year contract right?

Correct

And there is no set limit to the amount in wages i can offer, apart from 4 year contract and 20% bonus.

Dont know how i got through this last time without not making a hames of it :D

If the FA wants 5 million a year it's 4 mill salary and 1 mill bonus.

However if you want you could offer 10 million 8/2 split

• Advertisement

I think Heli uploaded an excel sheet last season that did the calculations for you,very handy.
    I think I still have it if ya want it or can't find it here on whatever thread it was

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I think Heli uploaded an excel sheet last season that did the calculations for you,very handy.
    I think I still have it if ya want it or can't find it here on whatever thread it was

Ah no, its grand perrin, sure ive done this before, its all good :rolleyes:, I'm doing what i done last time, just throw buckets of cash at them and hope for the best :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I threw a small purse....containing mainly coppers....hope it's enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Can I pass a hat/bucket/tin or any other object around the league so I can have some coppers to throw at players?? Patriots are broke :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

No one is ever gonna help the Pats :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Trading gronk could free up a few $$$
    ;-p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

All I can do is hope that the money my draft picks will want has been accounted for, otherwise I'm screwed.
    I've one DT, no punter, no centre, No fullback and no money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Cheeky bid made for Mr Bradford. As much as I enjoyed playing with CK, having a better passing qb will be great.

Almost made a huge mistake with the contracts,wasn't checking the years,was offering them all 5 years.whoops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Almost made a huge mistake with the contracts,wasn't checking the years,was offering them all 5 years.whoops

I was the same, had to readjust ! Phew! ;)

• Advertisement

madalig12 wrote: »
    No one is ever gonna help the Pats :p

Even Tom Brady wont help them now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I don't think Tom Brady is the loss for the Pats that everyone thinks he is. Didn't he have twice as many INT's as TD's?

After all, theres always money in the banana stand.

Advertisement