Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hellfest 2013 - travel

Options
  • 08-01-2013 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Is anyone going to Hellfest this year ?

Looked at the flights and there doesn't seem to be any direct flights on the prefered dates with Ryanair, so it's either stay longer, fly via another destination or travel by car/ferry. Looks like it's gonna cost more this year.

If anyone has found convenient travel arrangements, let me know

Cheers.
    G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

(living in nantes) ...

Debating heading to hellfest as it's only half an hour away ...

Bit of advice (though it hasn't been asked for )
    If you book the TGV via SNCF.fr you can get cheap enough tickets in advance ( advance being a month or two )

I've done Nantes -> Roissy / Charles de Gaulle airport.

Aer lingus last time I was over was costing around 100+ euro return flights. It's a big price difference alright from ryanair and ends up taking most of the day with travel.

To those coming via plane .. if you are planning on getting into the city cheap grab a bus from the airport only as far as neustrie costs 1.50 for the TAN (bus / tram) .. from there you can take the tram into the city it's the only tram there at that station. ... you can get to the train station via tram ... all for the cost of 1.50 .. ( amount of people who don't realise this is insane )

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭gqma0

Thanks for that. There's an android app called Tan to plan the journey from the airport but Hellfest got an arrangement with the ambulance Douillard for the shuttle from/back Nantes and from/back the airport too which wasn't too expensive (€10 ew). It'll be avail on the site anyway at some stage.

As for my plans, I'm still looking but I may travel earlier/later and arrange accommodation at a friend 20miles away from Clisson. I'm staying at another local friend in Gorges which straight beside Clisson, so I'm blessed for that as I know the accommodation can be a challenge to organize and I don't fancy camping and not shower for 3 days ;-)
    forbairt wrote: »
    (living in nantes) ...

Debating heading to hellfest as it's only half an hour away ...

Bit of advice (though it hasn't been asked for )
    If you book the TGV via SNCF.fr you can get cheap enough tickets in advance ( advance being a month or two )

I've done Nantes -> Roissy / Charles de Gaulle airport.

Aer lingus last time I was over was costing around 100+ euro return flights. It's a big price difference alright from ryanair and ends up taking most of the day with travel.

To those coming via plane .. if you are planning on getting into the city cheap grab a bus from the airport only as far as neustrie costs 1.50 for the TAN (bus / tram) .. from there you can take the tram into the city it's the only tram there at that station. ... you can get to the train station via tram ... all for the cost of 1.50 .. ( amount of people who don't realise this is insane )

Advertisement