Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family health insurance

Options
  • 08-01-2013 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just became parents back in September with our first child and our health insurance is now due for renewal shortly (he has been covered for free up until now on our policy). Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good family policy that won't break the bank!!!!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

off the top of my head i think Glo allow kids for free until they are 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I find the hia.ie website the best... You can compare and contrast plans from all the insurers there. It shows you all the corporate plans too which you're entitled to sign up to and they are cheaper too.

It's hard for anyone to reccomend you a plan: if you can afford it one that gives back half of all GP and consultant bills with no outpatient excess is great especially with a first baby or if either of you have any health issues. You pay for it though: for my husband, baby and I it's 181 per month. But then for us we spent almost €700 between GPs and consultants and physio between July and Nov last year: so I get over €300 back. But if none of you have any health issues it would be worth going on a cheaper plan and saving money for GP bills etc.

Advertisement