Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about changes in IEC Program

• 08-01-2013 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭

Hi all,i got my iec visa last year which is valid until 6 of june,i have seen that changes have been made to the IEC program now in 2013,it has been the first time i have applyed for the IEC visa program and got it first time and i am still in ireland so my question is,is it that now i can stay in canada for 2 years now instead of 1 year??any info would be great.Thanks all:confused::D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Hi all,i got my iec visa last year which is valid until 6 of june,i have seen that changes have been made to the IEC program now in 2013,it has been the first time i have applyed for the IEC visa program and got it first time and i am still in ireland so my question is,is it that now i can stay in canada for 2 years now instead of 1 year??any info would be great.Thanks all:confused::D

No the program you were approved for is a 1 year program, the 2013 one is a 2 year program

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭seamus1980

No the program you were approved for is a 1 year program, the 2013 one is a 2 year program

Oh i thought this means my visa would be for two years automatically?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

You can use up what is left of your current visa and then apply for a new one which will be a 2 year visa effectively giving you a total of 3 year instead of 2. This anomaly will only happen this year and from next year on the most anyone can get is 2 years on one visa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Oh i thought this means my visa would be for two years automatically?

But you applied under the 2012 program which is a one year visa, the 2013 visa is a 2 year visa

Limericks wrote: »
    You can use up what is left of your current visa and then apply for a new one which will be a 2 year visa effectively giving you a total of 3 year instead of 2. This anomaly will only happen this year and from next year on the most anyone can get is 2 years on one visa.

So could i apply again for a visa this year even though i still have the visa that i got last year?

• Advertisement

So could i apply again for a visa this year even though i still have the visa that i got last year?

You can apply for your second visa whenever you want and you have 12 months to activate it so just wait til your year lapses then activate the second visa.

I recommend applying as soon as IEC opens though.

You can apply for your second visa whenever you want and you have 12 months to activate it so just wait til your year lapses then activate the second visa.

I recommend applying as soon as IEC opens though.

Ok thank you m8,one more question will i still have to activate my visa from last year which is on the 6th of june 2013 and if i didnt what would happen?would i not get a visa again?

Ok thank you m8,one more question will i still have to activate my visa from last year which is on the 6th of june 2013 and if i didnt what would happen?would i not get a visa again?

If you have not activated your visa yet then your 12 months have not started on it so technically you can still go to Canada for 36 months as long as you visit before 6th June.

Not sure what happens if you don't activate it though.

If you have not activated your visa yet then your 12 months have not started on it so technically you can still go to Canada for 36 months as long as you visit before 6th June.

Not sure what happens if you don't activate it though.

Cool thanks very much m8 for your advice

Advertisement