Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long would a cooked breast of chicken last?

Options
  • 08-01-2013 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I eat roast chicken for lunch 1-2 times a week, and I wonder if instead of the prepacked stuff, I shouldn't take a little time at the weekend to grill a few breasts and stick them in the fridge. That way I could do them with sauce and toppings as I like them. Thing is that I like to mix things up, wild thing that I am, so I won't know what day exactly I'll be having chicken, it could be up to 5 days after cooking.

I don't want to have to remember to grill a fillet the night before, but is there a safe way to do this that will still give me a tasty chicken sandwich? Should I grill them, then freeze them, and just remember to defrost a portion before I need it?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

We can't allow advice on food safety here. That being said, freeze them cooked and defrost them as needed. You'll have no worries that way.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement