If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for 60"+ Tv

Options
  • 08-01-2013 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭

I'm currently in the market for a new tv, looking at sizes 60 inch or bigger.

I want awesome picture quality and one that has excellent passive 3d.

I'm not interested in any smart tv features or apps or Internet as it will be hooked up to my htpc so these things aren't a priority.

A local shop has the Panasonic TXL60ET5B in stock for €2,000 which seems to have good reviews. Have you this tv or anything better for around that budget?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Bump.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

MD, apologies for the delay getting back to you and welcome back!:D

We dont stock that particular 60" Panasonic unfortunately but here are a few options:

LG 60PA650 - £799.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/60pa650t/lg-60pa650t

Samsung UE60EH6000 - £999.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue60eh6000/sams-ue60eh6000

LG 60PM670 - £999.95 (probably the best option so far!)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/60pm670t/lg-60pm670t

Larger!

Panasonic TXP65VT50 - £3499.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txp65vt50b/pana-txp65vt50b

Sharp LC70LE741 - £2499.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/sharp/aquos-lc70le741e/shar-lc70le741

Sharp LC80LE646 - £4999.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/sharp/aquos-lc80le646e/shar-lc80le646e

Hopefully some of these (they are all excellent quality) will tempt you away from the nasty competition

Keep me posted and apologies again for the delayed response,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John and thanks for the reply.

After doing some more research I think a Panasonic ST50 seems the way to go as the the VT50 is a little out of my price range.

I see you have the 55 inch ST50 for £1099.
    Was wondering are you able to source either the 60 or 65 inch and how much they would cost?

I also hear the ST60 will be coming out around March and was wondering do you know prices for that yet.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

mdwexford wrote: »
    Hi John and thanks for the reply.

After doing some more research I think a Panasonic ST50 seems the way to go as the the VT50 is a little out of my price range.

I see you have the 55 inch ST50 for £1099.
    Was wondering are you able to source either the 60 or 65 inch and how much they would cost?

I also hear the ST60 will be coming out around March and was wondering do you know prices for that yet.

Hi MD,

Apologies about the delay in getting back to you.  We've no pricing yet for any of the new models due out this year.

On the ST50 the largest screen size I can get is the 55" which is currently a in-store only purchase.  

If you're looking a 65" at the moment its going to be the VT50, or the likes of the Samsung UE65ES8000 currently priced at £2,599.95.

Sorry I couldn't be much help there.

Chris

Guys,

I'm happy to ship the 55ST50 to MDW as he's a known Boardie and the stock has freed up a bit over the last week or so..

Its £1099.95 and delivery would be about £49.95 - so a total of £1149.90 / €1399.99

I don't have any pricing info on the ST60 series yet and I've a feeling that it's still some time off before it hits the stores...

That €1399.99 price is keen as a delivered price...

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies.

I appreciate that offer John and from searching online I know that is a very good deal.

I just think I want this tv to do me for a few years and I think the novelty of a 55" will wear off quicker than a 65" :)

Is there no way you could get a 65" ST50?
    I see other stores have them in the UK but I would rather deal with you guys.

Such a tough decision this buying a new tv lark ;)

Actually have you any idea how much the ST60 65" will be when it comes out. Are we talking €2,500 or closer to €3,000, don't worry I won't hold you to your guess :)

Even if you could tell me what price the 65" ST50 was when it came out with you guys.

Thanks.

Thanks for the replies.

I appreciate that offer John and from searching online I know that is a very good deal.

I just think I want this tv to do me for a few years and I think the novelty of a 55" will wear off quicker than a 65"

Is there no way you could get a 65" ST50?
    I see other stores have them in the UK but I would rather deal with you guys.

Such a tough decision this buying a new tv lark

Actually have you any idea how much the ST60 65" will be when it comes out. Are we talking €2,500 or closer to €3,000, don't worry I won't hold you to your guess

Even if you could tell me what price the 65" ST50 was when it came out with you guys.

Thanks.
    MDW,

apologies for the delay again!

Unfortunately we don't range the TXP65ST50 at all so I cannot do you a competitive price at the mo..and again I dont have any visibility on the ST60 pricing at themoment and I think it will be a while before we can firm them up?

Would you be interested in an aggressive price on the TXP65VT50?? (but to be fair it will be higher than your predicted ST60 prices as above)

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

About €2200 is my max budget John.

I'll happily take a 65" VT50 for that :)

I might hang on and see what kind of prices you have the ST60 range for when they come in.

Thanks for your help.

About €2200 is my max budget John.

I'll happily take a 65" VT50 for that

I might hang on and see what kind of prices you have the ST60 range for when they come in.

Thanks for your help.
    No problem MDW - I wish I could sell it at €2200 (actually I wish I could BUY it near €2200)..

Keep me posted,

John Mc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.