Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance

Options
  • 08-01-2013 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi guys,

Just wondering if any one can help me out- not sure if this is the forum to post this in.
    Anyway I have filled out the long form to apply for rent allowance and have gotten back my receipt number, now question is do I now go down to my local officer with my number and start the process that way or how do I go about it?

Thanks"

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

We have a state benefits forum- who might be more knowledgeable that most of the folk here. Let me know if you'd like me to move the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fifiyoyo

yeah thanks that'd be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bryan23

hi I am just wondering if aneyone knows if i am appliying for rent allowence can i receve my deposit off the CWO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

CWO's don't normally give you a deposit.

really i have heard from a few people that if you go to them there is a chance that they will give you it once its in the limat your allowed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

bryan23 wrote: »
    really i have heard from a few people that if you go to them there is a chance that they will give you it once its in the limat your allowed

I was on RA for a long time and never once received a deposit-was told that was up to me to find, but why don't you ask the CWO?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

bryan23 wrote: »

CWOs do not give deposits.
    They have access to a hardship fund which they can utilise in exceptional circumstances- however it would be highly irregular to use it to provide deposits for tenants. In the past it was quite common- but not anymore........

Hi Just to let people no that you can receve a deposit off the CWO as i have receved one.
    Once you have not rentedn before they will give you one.

Advertisement