Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 joasia1973

Good for you Chocoholic84, haved a good holiday. I would love to go, I will if I win lotto for sure :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭clare82

finally back here able to post after my laptop died a while back!

Chocoholic84 looks like you and i are in the same boat..21 wks as well and suddenly looking full on pregnant...going on hols too and the end of the month and also go the fit to fly letter from my gp..just in case ryanair decide to be difficult on the day.

had the anomly scan on wed and looks like we're going to have a little girl. i was so sure for ages that it would be a boy so wasnt sure how to feel when she said it looks like a girl but im coming around to the idea with every little kick she does!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

clare82 wrote: »
    finally back here able to post after my laptop died a while back!

Chocoholic84 looks like you and i are in the same boat..21 wks as well and suddenly looking full on pregnant...going on hols too and the end of the month and also go the fit to fly letter from my gp..just in case ryanair decide to be difficult on the day.

had the anomly scan on wed and looks like we're going to have a little girl. i was so sure for ages that it would be a boy so wasnt sure how to feel when she said it looks like a girl but im coming around to the idea with every little kick she does!:P

Isn't it sooo strange! One minute I was thinking how I didn't even look preggers and the next...bam :D

Yeah I don't think I would have gotten a letter if it wasn't for the fact we were flying Ryanair too...but knowing them if ya didn't have a letter at the gate they would dream up some €100 charge or something!!

Awww that's great about the scan - we've decided not to find out and keep it as a surprise, but the girl doing it didn't ask if we wanted to know or anything...is it something they wait for the parents to ask? I don't know why, but I've a feeling it's a boy...probably cos everyone's telling me cos I didn't have any MS, and the fact I'm pretty neat (so far!) + that I had no cravings - apparently all those signs point to a boy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

Yeah I don't think I would have gotten a letter if it wasn't for the fact we were flying Ryanair too...but knowing them if ya didn't have a letter at the gate they would dream up some €100 charge or something!!
    /QUOTE]

I'm doing the same - we are off on the 7th June boat to UK for my sisters 40th and then off to Egypt for a week all inclusive! I don't trust that someone won't try to make a bit of money somewhere along the way out of me. I've heard that the airport in Sharm El Sheikh has the occasional dodgy practice to get extra money out of people so letter it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

I thought i was going to end up small this time for a change. No one even knew i was pregnant until the last week and i have gotten huge. Unfortunately also this week SPD that i had at 7 weeks and stopped at 13 weeks is back. I ended up in a wheel chair on my one year old at 32 weeks pregnant. I reckon i will be on crutches by next month. I was so hoping to escape that this time around.

I do not know whether to find out what i am having or not. I have two girls of 3 and 1 and i have loads of girls clothes. However i am moving house soon and i would love to know if i need to lug all the boxes of girls clothes with me or not. I love the not knowing and the surprise at the very end and my partner is the same and trying to convince me not to find out and ruin the surprise. But the thought of moving is a killer never mind bringing all these boxes and washing all the newborn things if it is all a waste of time and i will not be using them. I have a scan on Monday. I do not know what to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 joasia1973

I know already that I will have a babygirl. happy. Time for shopping. Ladies, do you know who is selling cloth diapers? I tried to look at ebay but not too many seller. I've heard you can save a lots of money using them and they more skinfriendly for your baby. They said you should have around 10 to 15 pcs and double inserts. This would cost around 300 - 400 euro for all . For diapers you spend many times more. What do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

Hey josia1973 - we are going to do the same we think. We are going to have some disposables around too though, especially for the 1st few weeks while we adjust to our new lives! It's a bit of a minefield though so I'd have a good old root around online before you commit to buying anything. There are a few places that will lend/hire you a selection of the different types so you can see which kind suit you and your lifestyle best before you invest so much money.
    I've seen some that come from china on ebay and have heard through various forums that they are fine (although not as long lasting as some other brands if you are hoping to use them on more than one child). Occasionally they come up on adverts.ie also, but I'm holding off until I can figure out which type suits us best.
    And tbh I wouldn't even be considering them if my husband wasn't a whizz with the washing machine... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

How is everyone getting on? Had 2nd hospital apt today, no scan :( but everything is just as it should be :D
    Midwife was lovely and put me at ease. Really felt real today and it is just dawning on me what I have to do in Sept!!!!! ( that prob sounds stupid, just the enormity of the task has hit me) Got apt for anti natal class too.

Very active baby today and seems to be kicking a nerve, lovely.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Hey McBubbles, glad to hear all is going well, +1 on the active baby! I watching my belly dance at the moment :-)

I had bad start to the day :-( Up since 5.30am with back pain, which is becoming a regular thing. I have to sit up poker straight with cushions to support me till the pain goes. Takes an hour or 2. The ms seems to be making a reappearance too, despite the meds. What's next on this magical journey!? :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

Had my first ante-natal class yesterday, quite informative and fun. Baby kept going mad in there and kicked like crazy, the whole belly danced, it made me chuckle to myself.
    The little one is mad active anyway, plenty of kicks, which are clearly visible from the outside, love it! :D
    26 weeks done, only 97 days to go. Eeek, I have very little done so far! Going to look at a cot that a friend of a friend is selling tomorrow, and my SIL gave me tons of baby clothes for the first few months (her last was a boy, so some boy stuff plus plenty of neutrals - that said, I loathe pink anyway so have no issues with the lack of pink at all!).
    Also, finally got around to booking myself into a pregnancy yoga class. I've been meaning to do that for ages but somehow never got around to it :p better late than never, eh. Anyone else doing pregnancy yoga? How are ye finding it?

• Advertisement

3D scan booked for Saturday. Quite excited!!! Gonna find out if it's a boy or girl. Squeeee!!! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Liffeyrumours

Hi all,

Have just been reading through the posts...

I've just been to Holland and Spain all with Ryanair and nothing was said about a Fit to Fly letter at all.
    Thank god, cos I hadn't even thought of it. (Bit of a scatterbrain at the best of times!)

Grarf - I've been doing pregnancy since 17 weeks. Absolutely love it! Have had to skip weeks here and there and really notice the difference.
    I am by no means a fitness freak but really love the gentle stretching and relaxation.

26 weeks now and cannot BELIEVE how time is flying. Starting to panic about my lack of preparation so far!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Had the 3D scan and we`re having a girl!!
    So excited cos we have a little boy already and at 38yrs old I might not be having no. 3
    Also if it was a boy the poor lad wouldn`t be getting anything new for about 10 years with all the hand-me-downs!!

Fantastic news Fri.day!!! Congratulations :)

Fri.Day wrote: »
    Had the 3D scan and we`re having a girl!!
    So excited cos we have a little boy already and at 38yrs old I might not be having no. 3
    Also if it was a boy the poor lad wouldn`t be getting anything new for about 10 years with all the hand-me-downs!!

+1. Just found out today but I suspected so all along. 2013 is the year for girls!

The scan was brilliant, so glad we got it done. I think she looks like daddy but she's definitely got my pout, lol!

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    +1. Just found out today but I suspected so all along. 2013 is the year for girls!

The scan was brilliant, so glad we got it done. I think she looks like daddy but she's definitely got my pout, lol!

Wonderful news, congratulations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 purplenome

Hi girls,

Im due sept 23 and having a boy!!! would love to join your thread for support, advice and a chat...:)))))

purplenome wrote: »
    Hi girls,

Im due sept 23 and having a boy!!! would love to join your thread for support, advice and a chat...:)))))

Welcome and congrats! Is this your first?

purplenome wrote: »
    Hi girls,

Welcome welcome! Love the name, purple is my colour. :-)
    Congrats on the boy!!

thank's ladies... yes this is my first, its ivf and it was my 5th go.. I lost a baby at 9 weeks last aug buy then decided to try again and i got pregnant again.. We are thinking of naming him Osgar.. what do you ladies think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

Big Congratulations Purplenome.

The day that I was absolutely dreading has come. A woman in work said: Oh you must be nearly due. I was like eh no I'm just massive cos there's two! In general people can't seem to make up their mind if I'm big or small. Every one has an oppinion. My uterus is measuring full term for a singleton pregnancy so guess the bump is now just going to go out and get wider. How's every one doing in this warm weather? I'm really enjoying it but maybe I'm lucky that I don't mind the heat.

happydayz8 wrote: »
    How's every one doing in this warm weather? I'm really enjoying it but maybe I'm lucky that I don't mind the heat.

Melting, that's what I am :P
    Granted, I'm being good and wearing my full-length compression stockings (for varicose veins, and the auld Factor-5-leiden blood clotting yoke that I have) :( Roasting as a result, I hate the bloody things! On the bright side, no water retention as of yet, and I'm 28 weeks done tomorrow.

+1 on people not being able to make up their minds on whether you're big or small - some people say, Jaysis look at that bump, you're MASSIVE! Others are more, oh you're nice and neat! ... I've no idea what I am. Probably on the big side as baby is a tall little thing, just like Mum and Dad.

grarf wrote: »
    Melting, that's what I am :P
    Granted, I'm being good and wearing my full-length compression stockings (for varicose veins, and the auld Factor-5-leiden blood clotting yoke that I have) :( Roasting as a result, I hate the bloody things! On the bright side, no water retention as of yet, and I'm 28 weeks .

Poor you, that does not sound fun.

I am loving the hot weather, have exams this week so spent all last week out in the sun, covered in factor 50, studying. Was lovely! Hoping the good weather stays, last exam in the morning and want to be able to really enjoy it :)

Hope everyone is keeping well and hydrated. I am terrible for drinking water but hubby keeps reminding me!

Oh graf, those compression socks sound awful! I so wouldn't have been able for them in that heat. Not that it matters now, our summer is over, boo...

No comments on my bump really, though I feel huge! My belly button is almost gone, only a matter of time before it pops out. Overall I'm feeling good, despite the sore back, burning ribs, constant need to pee, morning sickness and complete lack of sexiness.
    I said it once and I'll say it again; it's such a magical time... Lol!

Yep they're fairly horrible alright... I keep threatening my OH that I WILL make him put them on, just once, so that he knows what I'm putting up with each and every day! :D

Yoga tonight, yay - really enjoyed the class last week, glad I signed up for it.

happydayz8 wrote: »
    Big Congratulations Purplenome.

The day that I was absolutely dreading has come. A woman in work said: Oh you must be nearly due. I was like eh no I'm just massive cos there's two! In general people can't seem to make up their mind if I'm big or small. Every one has an oppinion. My uterus is measuring full term for a singleton pregnancy so guess the bump is now just going to go out and get wider. How's every one doing in this warm weather? I'm really enjoying it but maybe I'm lucky that I don't mind the heat.

happydayz8: I am getting comments too, that I am huge...its my sisters who are saying it, but they forget to mention that they were huge too.. im not really that big as its only a singleton.. Im just bigger in the evenings.... ppl will always comment..

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

grarf, I've yoga too tonight. Best thing ever. It's the only thing that seems to help my sore back. Last trimester starting tomorrow and I guess it'll be a short one as they won't let me go passed 38 weeks. They told me to be ready by 32 weeks. I've nearly every thing bought except the car and I'm not looking forward sorting that. Any one know if we have to bring own cot sheets to Holles Street?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Had a check up in hospital today and all is good! Baby is breach but loads of time to move into position. The placenta is quite low so I've to have that checked between week 34 and 36 to make sure it's not over the cervix - fingers crossed it isn't cos things are going to crazy enough without throwing a section into the mix. Feeling good so far - hopefully my bp will behave itself this time round!
    Hope all you ladies are well?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

25 weeks today! Feeling great thank God, I am starting to feel massive though! (even though everyone is telling me I'm really neat for nearly 6 months)

I'm doing pregnancy yoga once a week, and have to say I'm finding it really good. It's steep enough at €90 for 6 classes, but worth it! Our instructor says 3 times a week is the optimum amount of exercise during pregnancy, so I'm trying to go for a walk twice a week at least along with the yoga...it's hard some days when you just want to flop on the sofa after work though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Into 3rd trimester now with 12 weeks to go woohoo!!!!!
    I cut my toenails last night as short as possible might be the last time they get done, I may treat myself to a pedicure if they don`t last til sept...
    lol

Advertisement