Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 purplenome

great news friday, not long now.. im 27 weeks next friday

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

28 weeks now. I have never made it to full term and have gone earlier after each. Kind of scared of going earlier again and not a stitch bought yet, including anything for hospital bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

30 weeks done tomorrow - another week, and it's single figures!! We're all getting there, girls!
    :eek:!!
    Slowly getting organized, got the pram + car seat ordered (please arrive soon!!), got a 2nd hand wooden cot, and took a trip to Ikea over the weekend to get a mattress for the cot and a few other bits and bobs.
    But yeah, nada done for the hospital bag, I don't even know where to start! Must really google a list of things to buy... :P
    Hospital appointment and scan on Wednesday, can't wait to see the Bean again (certainly no longer bean-sized, and kicking the heck out of mum :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

28 weeks!!! It's getting really close! Keep thinking we have loads of time but we don't really! Nothing done for the hospital bag either, hoping I won't need it for another 12 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Its been ages since I posted in here!! How is everyone doing?

30.5 weeks and not sure where time has gone. Was at doc this morning and hb and size perfect :D

Have nearly everything bought for nursery, it just needs to be assembled. Pulled out the list the hospital gave me for the hospital bag this morning. And finally got my MB10 sent off. It's all becoming very real. Am growing more and more confused by the amount of advise, recommendations, etc. To be honest, I'm getting fairly tired of it also.:rolleyes:

My aim is to have everything done by Aug 1st, as August is going to be a crazily busy month with family stuff on, and want to get all the baby stuff done so we don't have to worry about it. People keep telling me its bad luck to have everything so far in advance - hopefully its only old wife tales.

• Advertisement

Had a check up today and all is going really well -woohoo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

Welcome flandabieduzie. I think pregnancy can be a time of ups and downs and I think it is important to talk about it. Do you have any one else then your Sister to talk to. The shock may have also made your emotions even stronger and you have to be able to let it out. Your Sister may not be the right person to do so.

My bump is massive now. Every one in work thinks I must be due. I'm fed up of telling them that I'm not. Hospital is telling me to be ready latest at 32 weeks. So nerves are starting to kick in a little too.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Had a check up today everything good except for the breach baby!!!
    Going to ask at yoga later for a few positions that might help!
    Hope everyone is well!

How is everyone getting on? 10 weeks to go for me, cannot believe how quickly the last 30 weeks have gone! All good here, this baby just loves lying right over on my right hand side which can get quite uncomfortable at times

Can't wait to reach 30 weeks I'm 28 now! Have said I'm not going to sort things till 30 weeks as the last time I packed and repacked and repacked again cos I started getting things together so early - anxious first time mum! Feeling alright sciatica is a major issue now so going to have to see a physio and get my back checked - it took nine attempt to get the epidural in last time round although I am hoping I won't need it this time!
    Much more tired this time round I assume that has something to do with the one year old!!!
    Hope everyone else is well!

• Advertisement

Hi All, I've packed my hospital bag and am pretty much sorted. Also got our new (well second hand) car. Glad I am as I can barely walk and they told me to be ready at 32 weeks. Only last week did I start having trouble walking and Doc confirmed its SPD. In a bit of pain now when walking and waiting for a phone call from physio. Any one had this before and any tips? Babies are doing super which is great so fingers crossed they stay put for a while longer.

happydayz8 wrote: »
    Hi All, I've packed my hospital bag and am pretty much sorted. Also got our new (well second hand) car. Glad I am as I can barely walk and they told me to be ready at 32 weeks. Only last week did I start having trouble walking and Doc confirmed its SPD. In a bit of pain now when walking and waiting for a phone call from physio. Any one had this before and any tips? Babies are doing super which is great so fingers crossed they stay put for a while longer.

Gosh, I haven't even thought about my bag yet!!!! And nowhere near sorted!

Good luck with the new car, we are looking at the moment, hate car shopping!

Mind yourself with the spd, hope the physio gets back to you soon. I started Pilates last night and couldn't sleep after it, my legs were so restless.

McBubbles the only reason I got my bag packed was because my Boyfriend is getting nervous so for his sanity I got it toghether :-) The deal was that he'd paint the babies room and I pack my bag. I know Car shopping is no fun at all so I'm glad its done and dusted.

happydayz8 wrote: »
    McBubbles the only reason I got my bag packed was because my Boyfriend is getting nervous so for his sanity I got it toghether :-) The deal was that he'd paint the babies room and I pack my bag. I know Car shopping is no fun at all so I'm glad its done and dusted.

Ha ha, that's a great deal!!! I think I might have to try that, hubby keeps putting the painting on the long finger.

yeah THE BAG ... I've gone and bought a few things for it at least, like a dressing gown and nightie etc. Still not entirely sure now much is too much/too little... must do some googling on that. 31 weeks 3 days, 27 working days left (who's counting :))
    got our pram + car seat, wooh! Quickly discovered that the car seat without a base looks like it'll be a pain in the arse to get installed properly each time, and it felt a bit wobbly (maybe we just didn't do it right?), so went and got a base too... :p

I've packed two bags grarf. One I call my 24-48 hour bag and the other one is for thereafter. The 24 hour bag has just the necessities in it for labour and a little after. I'm glad I've got it done and can stop thinking about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

31 weeks today, officially into the single digit countdown.

Oh gawd. Eeek!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Oh the hospital bag!! OK Gonna sort hospital bag over the next week or so but I could be putting it off for weeks yet - I only sent off the maternity form this morning and have it in my handbag for the last month!!
    My little boy is gonna be 1 this month but dunno yet if im bothered with a party - seems like a lot of work so may just do a teeny tiny party just to have a photo to show him down the road (oh the guilt!)
    67 days to go according to an app ive got...and she`s the size of a cabbage :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

I've started on the bag too, just putting bits and pieces in it along the way. I have time to go shopping this week so I should really think about what still needs to be got. I think I need a bigger bag! I just have a towel and a few PJ bottoms and other bits in it and it's full. Well this big vanity case thing that I keep all my travel size shampoos etc. in, I could probably pick up a smaller washbag in Pennys that will do the job just as well

Just a little tip for the bag - last year in penny's they had a set of 3 or 4 small empty bottles and a small tub for cream for €2/3 I just filled these up with shampoo etc that I had and it saved buying smaller travel bottles. They can be used then on flights as they hold 100ml or can be reused for the next trip to the maternity ward!!! I'm sure they'd still do them if you have a look!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

lmullen wrote: »
    Just a little tip for the bag - last year in penny's they had a set of 3 or 4 small empty bottles and a small tub for cream for €2/3 I just filled these up with shampoo etc that I had and it saved buying smaller travel bottles. They can be used then on flights as they hold 100ml or can be reused for the next trip to the maternity ward!!! I'm sure they'd still do them if you have a look!
    They do and they're only €1.50 got them myself. Got everything there really cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I haven't been on this thread in an age!

I've insomnia and the heat is getting to me. I really have to sort out my hospital stuff and start washing the clothes for new baby (all up in the attic). I'm not bringing loads to the hospital with me. I brought way too much last time, so this time I'm being ruthless and himself can bring in whatever I need each day.

I'm finding it hard working and entertaining our other child while trying to do other bits around the house. Himself is great but I just feel so tired.

Oh dear god!!!!!! I think I'm going to have to live in a bucket of ice, just out of a freezing shower and already overheating! Sorry for complaining, normally I love this kind of weather but my internal thermostat has gone bonkers. Heat + Insomnia is killing me.
    Was in the hospital today for check up and they had the heating on full blast, really!!!!!! On the plus side babs is doing great :) Hope all you ladies are finding nice ways to keep cool

McBubbles wrote: »
    Oh dear god!!!!!! I think I'm going to have to live in a bucket of ice, just out of a freezing shower and already overheating! Sorry for complaining, normally I love this kind of weather but my internal thermostat has gone bonkers. Heat + Insomnia is killing me.
    Was in the hospital today for check up and they had the heating on full blast, really!!!!!! On the plus side babs is doing great :) Hope all you ladies are finding nice ways to keep cool

+ 10000000000 on the overheating, I'm just not able!! I'm starting to develop hobbit sized feet with all the swelling, all I want is an ice bath.

All is good here too, had hospital yesterday myself, bp is a bit high but nothing to worry about. I just have to go to my gp again for another reading next week to keep an eye.

Babs is thriving!! I felt her wriggling her bum yesterday, hilarious! She's starting young, that sounds dangerous, lol!

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    Babs is thriving!! I felt her wriggling her bum yesterday, hilarious! She's starting young, that sounds dangerous, lol!

Ha ha, that's fantastic, I love it!!! Watch out :)

My little one spent the check up kicking the midwife every time she touched my belly!

9 weeks left!!! Cannot believe I'm into single figures and still so much to do! Coping a bit better with the heat the last two days thankfully.

Finally 30 weeks! Baby is super active always seems to be moving about the place! Once he/she doesn't go breach again that's ok! Ankles are slowly disappearing! But at least it's going to be cooler today!

Eurgh.............Hot, uncomfortable and feel like someone is sitting on my chest :(

Hope everyone is keeping well

McBubbles wrote: »
    Eurgh.............Hot, uncomfortable and feel like someone is sitting on my chest :(

Hope everyone is keeping well

What we're we thinking having September babies and having a heat wave during our finally trimester! :-[

thankfully it's a bit cooler today! I melted over the weekend. (didn't we all :P)
    7 weeks to go! :eek: time flies when you're having fun, eh.

I find myself a bit sad these days that my family (who are back 'home' in Germany) aren't here to share this pregnancy with me - all I can do is skype with them, and send pictures. :( And while my Mum is coming to visit in mid-October to meet her first grandchild, my Dad apparently has other priorities and still hasn't said if he's coming over at all, seeing as there are more important things (like the annual sailing trip with the lads) on apparently :mad: (gobsh*te. I *knew* he'd do this - still hurts though!)

• Advertisement

BP high again :-( gonna have to get it checked twice weekly from here on in. 7.5 weeks to go...

Advertisement