Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭julyjane

I haven't gotten my scan date yet, I am 7+5 today so I'd imagine it'll be around the 13 week mark and knowing my local hospital I won't get the appointment letter until about a week beforehand. The wait is a pain but it's a long 40 weeks so I'll just treat it as one of those milestones and try to wait it out patiently.

In saying that if I had any reason to be worried I know I can phone the hospital any time day or night and they would probably give me an early scan but so far so good all is ok here so it's not necessary

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I think I'll be bowing out of this thread. :( I started to bleed last night and there seems to be no let up as yet. It's not looking good. :(

Wishing safe and easy pregnancies and labours for you all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

I've got my first hospital appointment for Feb. 28th - that'll be 13 weeks. Scan? I guess, although that would be fairly early days, maybe I can get a later one in addition to that one, must ask about that...
    Feeling generally good, apart from being wrecked tired all the time, and absolutely having to eat something or feel very nauseous very quickly at times.

Neyite, no! You poor thing :( did you go to your GP/hospital to get yourself checked out?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Sorry to hear that Neyite
    I may too be bowing out started cramping and spotting today so gonna head to hospital first thing in the morning, aint looking good. :(
    Good luck to the rest of ye in yer very special journeys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

Oh no Fri.day and Neyite. Try think positive for now. I know easier said then done. Keeping my fingers crossed for the two of you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Neyite wrote: »
    I think I'll be bowing out of this thread. :( I started to bleed last night and there seems to be no let up as yet. It's not looking good. :(

Wishing safe and easy pregnancies and labours for you all.

Sorry to hear that petal. :(

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that petal. :(

Thanks hon. Didnt wanna ruin your good news yesterday when you told me. I've a scan on Monday so will know for sure then, but to be honest, its like a heavy period so I dont hold out much hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

Neyite and Fri.Day, thinking of you both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Fri.Day & Neyite, am so sorry xx

Thinking of you both xx

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Oh Neyite & Fri.day, so sorry petals. Thinking of you both. Xx

This week I had my third trip to hospital for the hypermesis, though for a change they kept me overnight. Fun times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭corkgirl17

So sorry girls, hope ye both feel better soon.. Thinking of you both xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

So I just rekindled my account here after a few years away.
    Said I'd pop in here & say hello.

I'm due somewhere between 3rd-9th Sept.
    Had a scan a few weeks ago. All seemed good.
    Have another 1 in just over a week. Can't wait.

Had a mmc at 13 weeks back in Sept. (Shudda been a March mum)
    So, I'm not enjoying this at all. Just WAITING for something to go wrong & praying it doesn't.

Hope we all get to spend a LONG time on these boards & get our much deserved babs at the end of it all.

BoozyBabe wrote: »
    So I just rekindled my account here after a few years away.
    Said I'd pop in here & say hello.

I'm due somewhere between 3rd-9th Sept.
    Had a scan a few weeks ago. All seemed good.
    Have another 1 in just over a week. Can't wait.

Had a mmc at 13 weeks back in Sept. (Shudda been a March mum)
    So, I'm not enjoying this at all. Just WAITING for something to go wrong & praying it doesn't.

Hope we all get to spend a LONG time on these boards & get our much deserved babs at the end of it all.
    Hi boozy babe, welcome to the club.. I know the feeling, should have been an April mum!! Fingers crossed things go well this time around but it's so hard not to imagine the worst!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Here we go again!! 2nd baby due in early September no date yet as my cycle is all over the place! 1st baby is only 7 months old so it's going to be busy!!!

Welcome Imullen. How is every one feeling. I'm generally ok. Funny with food. Had a migraine attack the other day. It was horrible. Hope there won't be more. Scan Saturday a week:-)

happydayz8 wrote: »
    Welcome Imullen. How is every one feeling. I'm generally ok. Funny with food. Had a migraine attack the other day. It was horrible. Hope there won't be more. Scan Saturday a week:-)

Poor you, migraines are awful!! I hope they stay away for you.

I'm funny with food also, normally I have a very sweet tooth but not at the moment!!

Also really funny with smells? Anyone else experiencing this? I've had to ask hubby not to wear aftershave for the moment as it turns my stomach and normally I love it!!

No scan date yet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

McBubbles wrote: »

I'm funny with food also, normally I have a very sweet tooth but not at the moment!!

Also really funny with smells? Anyone else experiencing this? I've had to ask hubby not to wear aftershave for the moment as it turns my stomach and normally I love it!!

Yep, I'm the exact same - I've completely gone off any sweet stuff, which is REALLY weird! I love crackers etc though, anything with carbs :o...
    As for the smells, the other night hubby had one small glass of wine, and, to my nose, smelled like he'd been out on the beer all night! :pac:

Sweet stuff keeps me going!! The nausea is awful at the moment, was taken out for a nice meal last night and we lasted 45 minutes before I had my meal wrapped up and we had to go home, felt so sick!! Think we'll avoid restaurants for the next few weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

corkgirl17 wrote: »
    Sweet stuff keeps me going!! The nausea is awful at the moment, was taken out for a nice meal last night and we lasted 45 minutes before I had my meal wrapped up and we had to go home, felt so sick!! Think we'll avoid restaurants for the next few weeks!!

I havent been out for anything since Dec, except for hospital trips, the nausea is so bad. Im only just 9 weeks and have been in for fluids and anti nausea meds 4 times, was even kept overnight last Monday and back again yesterday. I really hope the ms eases for week 12 or I'll go insane!!

As for smells, EVERYTHING sets me off and I have the nose of a bloodhound. Its RIDICULOUS!

Grr.

Pat McGhee wrote: »

I havent been out for anything since Dec, except for hospital trips, the nausea is so bad. Im only just 9 weeks and have been in for fluids and anti nausea meds 4 times, was even kept overnight last Monday and back again yesterday. I really hope the ms eases for week 12 or I'll go insane!!

As for smells, EVERYTHING sets me off and I have the nose of a bloodhound. Its RIDICULOUS!

Grr.
    Oh poor you, I can't complain too much so, could be worse!!! Hope you feel better soon and that the second trimester is better for you!

• Advertisement

Grr.
    Oh poor you, I can't complain too much so, could be worse!!! Hope you feel better soon and that the second trimester is better for you!

Poor her, what about poor me, I couldn't even have a beer at home the other week cos the smell of it make her sick. Nobody told me that would be the case. :D

*runs off very fast, very fast indeed*

Poor her, what about poor me, I couldn't even have a beer at home the other week cos the smell of it make her sick. Nobody told me that would be the case. :D

*runs off very fast, very fast indeed*

ha ha ha, yes the menfolk do deserve some recognition :) My poor hubby has been great these past few weeks. Although I think he thinks I am slowly going crazy after I had a very emotional few moments (bawling) at the new Budweiser ad (with the horses) - normally I would not be like that at all!

Oh and as for smells, I have found that sniffing an orange really helps settle my stomach. Hubby thinks this is the funniest thing he has ever seen!!! Oh dear, I fear there is a lot more crazy yet to come lol

The nausea is awful at the moment, was taken out for a nice meal last night and we lasted 45 minutes before I had my meal wrapped up and we had to go home, felt so sick!! Think we'll avoid restaurants for the next few weeks!!

Poor you, I know how you feel. My friends took me out for my birthday a couple of weeks ago to a really nice restaurant, none of them knew I was pregnant and I was so sick but I had to suffer through or they would have suspected something, it was awful. I am trying to avoid being out in company much at the moment!

Hopefully the sickness will ease soon

Grr.

I hope your sickness eases soon, I can only imagine what you are going through.

McBubbles wrote: »

Poor you, I know how you feel. My friends took me out for my birthday a couple of weeks ago to a really nice restaurant, none of them knew I was pregnant and I was so sick but I had to suffer through or they would have suspected something, it was awful. I am trying to avoid being out in company much at the moment!

Hopefully the sickness will ease soon
    Fair play for sticking it out!! I couldn't have done it. Hope you're feeling a bit better now.

Went for an early dating scan yesterday - due the 22nd September! Good strong heart beat! So reassuring to see the little jellybean!

lmullen wrote: »
    Went for an early dating scan yesterday - due the 22nd September! Good strong heart beat! So reassuring to see the little jellybean!
    That must have been great!! Did you get a picture? Mine isn't til next week, can't wait!!

Yep got a photo! Went to ultrasound dimensions in Blackrock they're great! Jellybean is tiny though so no dvd this time! Got a great dvd of our first sucking her thumb at 11 weeks!
    That must have been great!! Did you get a picture? Mine isn't til next week, can't wait!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I've been lurking but decided to join. I'm due the start of September with number two. Had first appointment with my consultant this week and baby is great. Me not so much, all day nausea like last time. I'm better at managing it this time and I'm finding it easier to keep going, no choice really with a baby to mind! I've a strong feeling I'll be having another section, based on a few factors, but also hoping to keep my options open.

• Advertisement

Back from my scan. My due date has been moved to end of August and I'm expecting twins. I'm shocked and scared... they are healthy so I should really be delighted and happy but I'm very confused right now.

Advertisement