Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    This day 3 weeks. Eeek!

Oh wow. How exciting! Big Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

happydayz8 wrote: »
    Oh wow. How exciting! Big Congrats.

Thanks. :-)
    Tbh we're really laid back about it all, booked the reg office in Jan after we discovered our news, and only immediate family knows. We're off afterwards for a nice meal, couple of drinks, announce on Facebook, then cruise honeymoon! Which originally was just our holiday but we took advantage of the dates and got the wedding for the day before

Now all I need are shoes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Thanks. :-)
    Tbh we're really laid back about it all, booked the reg office in Jan after we discovered our news, and only immediate family knows. We're off afterwards for a nice meal, couple of drinks, announce on Facebook, then cruise honeymoon! Which originally was just our holiday but we took advantage of the dates and got the wedding for the day before

Now all I need are shoes...

Wow, congrats... am sure you'll look sensational!! It must be great having a distraction from the pregnancy.

Opensesamee - I think I have a huge belly also. Am 19 weeks, and have put on 9 lbs. Think it has all gone on my boobs and belly :) I was asking the midwife about the amount of weight I've put on, and she said that some people put on all the weight at the start of the pregnancy and not the end... so not to worry. It was a weight off my mind :)

Am really loving chocolate milkshakes at the moment... in fact anything icey cold. The woman in costa coffee questioned me when I asked for an iced chocolate the other day!!!

Mcbubbles, my anomaly scan is in 3 weeks at 22 - 23 weeks. Am not sure when the optimal time is.

I'm attending Wexford, and thank christ, all the midwives and consultants seem really, really nice. Had my booking in appointment a couple days ago and had a dating scan then. Officially 31st aug - but assuming bubs will be born in Sept sometime :D Also booked into antenatal classes.... its all getting so real :rolleyes:

Is anyone going to the baby fair next week? We are making a weekend of it... a good excuse to get away for the weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭julyjane

I've never been to one of those baby fairs, I'd assumed they were just ways of getting people to part with as much money as possible are they?

I am big too, the fundus is still below my belly button but I have a "bump" well above that. I could well have piled on a few pounds in the first 12 weeks when I was lying on the couch all day and never walked much further than the fridge but I read somewhere that inside the bump pushes your intestines etc. further up too so it's not all fat.

I don't think my hospital does an anomaly scan (Clonmel) - on my last they weren't even giving us a scan at the 20 week appointment and we were dying to find out the sex. I got one in the end and had to ask before I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 opensesamee

Oh good I'm not the only one feeling movement thought it was all in my head!

My back seems to playing up a lot earlier than expected hopefully it isn't here to stay until September!!

Hope everyone is keeping well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Ladies, is the anomaly scan the one where they can check for defects etc? (god forbid)

Anyone know if the Rotunda does this (public) - I have my next scan there early May which is exactly my 20 wk mark - so I'm hoping that is it!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

Is anyone else still getting tiredness like they were in the first trimester? To say I am exhausted is an understatement, eating fairly well but have a serious sugar craving and getting a full nights sleep. Have exams coming up over the next few weeks and I am finding it impossible to study :(

Pat, best wishes for your wedding in a few weeks, I hope you have an amazing day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Liffeyrumours

McBubbles, I find I'm not too bad until around 3pm and after that I'm nearly falling asleep at my desk!
    And as for Friday afternoons - total write-off!

I've been so surprised by my sugar cravings, have always been more of a savoury snacker rather than a sweet tooth but that's out the window now. Ate a mini-twix, a cream egg and a packet of malteasers last night. Felt sick as a dog and gross!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 opensesamee

McBubbles wrote: »
    Is anyone else still getting tiredness like they were in the first trimester? To say I am exhausted is an understatement, eating fairly well but have a serious sugar craving and getting a full nights sleep. Have exams coming up over the next few weeks and I am finding it impossible to :)

Same here college full time and work part time with finals in a month and I can't stay awake past 8:30pm :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

Choco yes it is the one. I assume it's the same everywhere if you're public. If you're not high risk they won't do it routinely. I think your doctor could request it maybe? There are many places you can get them done for €150-€160 privately. I know there's one place right across from rotunda.

• Advertisement

Same here college full time and work part time with finals in a month and I can't stay awake past 8:30pm :(

Yeah it's a tough old slog but only a few more weeks thankfully :) Best of luck in your finals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭julyjane

McBubbles I get the tiredness on and off. Yesterday I was so tired I was almost bursting into tears for no reason. I had a bright idea that I'd have a nap for an hour or two after work and then get back up again and get housework etc. done later in the evening but with 2 older children and an other half who works funny hours that wasn't happening!

I tried to go to bed early instead but when I came out of the ensuite having brushed my teeth he had come to bed and turned on the telly, some comedy thing that he probably thought I'd like but I was in a foul mood at this stage so I put on my headphones and listened to music on my phone, eventually I got a bit of sleep and I'm better for it today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

19 weeks done, almost half way there! :cool:
    Same re: feeling tired, not as bad as in the first trimester, but still... I've also been feeling slightly nauseous again over the last week, which isn't fun, but apparently a sign of baby growing like mad and taking all the nutrients it needs etc, not leaving enough for mum. Himself keeps saying, oh, I think we'll have a big baby - easy for him to say that, he's not the one having to push it out :eek: tall baby definitely, but big, please not too big?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Liffeyrumours

19 weeks tomorrow eeeek it's flying since got to 12 weeks (which seemed to take forever)
    Feeling loads of movements today. Feel so weird and not particularly pleasant but at the same time they're the most amazing things I ever felt :)

How's everyone doing? 20 week scans must be abound this month. Mine's on the 25th, can't wait! (Only allowing myself to be 2% nervous!!)

I'm being kicked to bits!!! Ha ha. Lots of strong movement in the last two days, definitely not flutters any more. And one particularly strong one this morning that made me jump. So weird but really reassuring :)

I've also had the return of the dreaded nausea and vomiting this week. I'm told its a good sign that baby is strong and healthy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭corkgirl17

I'm being kicked to bits!!! Ha ha. Lots of strong movement in the last two days, definitely not flutters any more. And one particularly strong one this morning that made me jump. So weird but really reassuring :)

I've also had the return of the dreaded nausea and vomiting this week. I'm told its a good sign that baby is strong and healthy :)
    aww how nice, when did you start feeling movement? haven't felt anything yet!!

corkgirl17 wrote: »

Started feeling flutters about 2 or so weeks ago but they are much stronger now, it's brilliant. Hope you start feeling some soon :)

corkgirl17 wrote: »

Oh tg, its not just me so, Im 19 weeks since Friday and havent really felt anything either. I sometimes think I get some kind of a pressure feeling that feels odd, but nothing else.

I tell you what I dont like - looking like I ate all the pies!! I feel fat instead of pregnant, I keep making mooing noises when himself tries to play with my belly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

I'm 17 weeks today with number 2 and I still haven't felt anything! Had a little flutter a few weeksago but nnothing since! Can't wait to have a few reassuring kicks!
    Gotta agree with you Pat I'm just feeling fat too! I think some of my work colleagues think I went a bit crazy over the Easter eating all the eggs!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭corkgirl17

im with ye on the feeling fat!! looking forward to having a definate bump instead of a muffin top!!

• Advertisement

Moo for us :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

+1 on the kicking! 20 weeks done tomorrow, and over the last week the flutters have turned into proper kicks - Saturday morning even himself felt it. Big wide-eyed 'was that a kick?!' :D so cute. active little thing in there, I love it.

Oh tg, its not just me so, Im 19 weeks since Friday and havent really felt anything either. I sometimes think I get some kind of a pressure feeling that feels odd, but nothing else.

I tell you what I dont like - looking like I ate all the pies!! I feel fat instead of pregnant, I keep making mooing noises when himself tries to play with my belly.

But it's a lovely belly and it's carrying my demon spawn....that's why I like playing with it ;)

+1 of feeling fat!!!! And trying to be so good with food and exercise. Finally gave in and bought those belly bands from mother care today, they're great, my jeans are comfy again.

Had a check up today, all is great, baby really active. Got to hear the heart beat. It was great :) baby kicks getting really strong too, hubby could feel them last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Also feeling really fat. Still too thin for maternity clothes, but my normal clothes are getting a little uncomfy.

Have the anomaly scan Friday week so really looking forward to that. I'm in Wexford and have just signed up for the Domino Scheme which Im happy about also. It means I won't feel quite so alone when I come out from hospital.... My OH is delighted we've signed up for this for his piece of mind also.

Found this on another forum which gave me a giggle... its horrible baby shower cakes. Don't normally attach links - but I enjoyed this!

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a41356555/horrible_shower_cakes

:)

20 weeks today! Officially at the half way point.

And I have tummy bubbles. Weird but nice :-)

17 weeks today :) (Congrats Pat on reaching 20 wk mark!) Haven't felt a thing yet!

Dinkie, I know what you mean about the maternity stuff, I'm not really showing yet, so don't really need them, but the normal jeans etc are starting to get a bit uncomfy!! Went to Penneys last week and bought a pair of maternity skinny jeans, they are the comfiest thing ever!!

Went to Penneys last week and bought a pair of maternity skinny jeans, they are the comfiest thing ever!!

Penney's do maternity skinny jeans??!!!!! I have never seen them before, well I know what I am doing today so :)

Congrats on 20 wks Pat, not long until your wedding is it? How are you feeling?

Penney's do maternity skinny jeans??!!!!! I have never seen them before, well I know what I am doing today so :)

They do indeed :) Couldn't believe when I saw them! I think it might only be certain stores though...I got mine in the Mary St store (Dublin)..only €13, happy days :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

Oh brilliant! Was heading into town to get some maternity jeans tomorrow, so pennys it is. My bump is suddenly HUGE :eek:. I wasn't this big at 6 months the last time, and suddenly nothing fits. Just phoned the Cork shop (Patrick's street) and she said all they do is the 13 euro jeans but that will do me. Luckily I work from home so I rarely have to look presentable.
    Anyone going to the baby fair over the weekend? I joined the sma website to get a free ticket, but now I can't figure out where to download it from... Total pregnancy head. Have no intention of buying anything there (it's all second hand or freecycle in this house :D), but I want all the freebies!
    I'm hoping to see the types of cloth nappies available too... big money saver and my husband is an ace with the washing machine!

Advertisement