Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

McBubbles wrote: »
    Penney's do maternity skinny jeans??!!!!! I have never seen them before, well I know what I am doing today so :)

Congrats on 20 wks Pat, not long until your wedding is it? How are you feeling?

And I just spent the last 2 hours in Pennys Wilton! Not a hint of maternity gear,but I did get some lovely holiday dresses for honeymoon :-)

Im feeling good McBubbles, tire easily (dont we all) and am still on the zofran for the ms unfortunately. How's everyone else feeling?

Wedding is next Thursday, this time next week I'll be in Barcelona!! Cant wait :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Finally felt my little one last night! Felt like a party in my tummy! I love it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

Pat, Happy Wedding Day!!!! I know you'll have a fantastic time. And happy honeymoon too, I'll be thinking of you laying back enjoying yourselves on the cruise. Wishing you both every happiness. xx

Pat, Happy Wedding Day!!!! I know you'll have a fantastic time. And happy honeymoon too, I'll be thinking of you laying back enjoying yourselves on the cruise. Wishing you both every happiness. xx

I cant believe you posted this at 2am! :-)
    Thanks banbhaaifric, I hope today goes smoothly, although there will be drama as you'll see by my vent in the moan thread.

Sod it, today's only one day, tomorrow I get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend, that I cant wait for :-D xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    Thanks banbhaaifric, I hope today goes smoothly, although there will be drama as you'll see by my vent in the moan thread.

Sod it, today's only one day, tomorrow I get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend, that I cant wait for :-D xxx

Have an amazing day Pat! Enjoy the honeymoon, hope you're feeling well.

• Advertisement

Have an amazing day Pat! Enjoy the honeymoon, hope you're feeling well.

Thanks McBubbles, Im feeling great on zofran :-D
    I suppose I should really get up out of bed...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 opensesamee

Pat best of luck on your wedding day!! Hope you have a great time!

Any body else find out what you are having?? We did a little girl delighted!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

Happy Wedding Day Pat. What a lovely think to say and a beautiful way of thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Bookywook

Such a lovely post Pat. Best of luck today-hope you all have a fantastic day.

20weeks today :D wuhu half way there.
    I feel like my belly has expanded every day this week!!! Loads of movement too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

Feel I'm getting bigger by the day! and the kicks are getting stronger :D
    got a scan next Saturday, can't wait :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

You're right McBubbles. Belly really is expanding every day.
    I'm suffering from really bad back ache. Was leaving work nearly crying the other day. Whent for massage yesterday and that helped a little. I guess it'll only get worse. However, at least I've no other complaints so I'll stop the moaning. Sorry ladies!

xxx

Ha ha, up skyping my lovely husband (he's away a lot for work)..

And I felt your pain on the wedding thing... hope it all worked out ok. We had a small wedding too, registry office and in to the Farmgate for lunch with just family and a few friends. One couple brought their kids (age around 10/11), got a full meal for them (we had a special meal arranged for my sister's kids) and then left as soon as coffee was over. Didn't come back to the house for the knees up and didn't even give us a card! I was pretty peeved at the time:(

But ain't marriage grand! I was single when I had my daughter so I'm loving sharing all the moments with my lovely husband :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 joasia1973

Hello everyone. If You dont mindI will join you as well. I'm 22 week starting tomorrow, due date sept 3. I went for my anomaly scan and have to go back in 3 weeks as midwive was not ablo to see something. I'm so stupid that I didnt ask as I'm worry now. She said to do not be worry. I also didnt find out if it will be boy or girl cause it had legs tightly togheter. It's my second one, big age difference 11 years, bit shocking for my boy being afraid of new one stealing mummy's heart. I'm also bit afraind as I'm 40 years old and not that young mum anymore. Regards to you all :)

Welcome joasia!
    Delighted to have you here!

I wouldn't worry too much about the scan - we've had to return for scans a few times because they weren't able to see various things. It usually just means the baby isn't cooperating and displaying all the necessary bits!

And I'm 41 (will be 42 when she is born), and my daughter will be 15 when her sister arrives! Just think of it as producing a babysitter first!!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Girls, anyone using Bio-oil to prevent the stretch marks? I was told it works wonders, so have been using it since the beginning of my 2nd trimester...although I've also heard almond oil is brilliant and it's way cheaper...anyone tried this?

Oh, and if anyone is looking for maternity work trousers...I got a pair on Ebay, they are sooo comfy!! They're ex chain store but I could see from tag they are Mothercare and €42...whereas I got them for €22 (incl postage)

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/261197970630?var=560192014464&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Welcome joasia!
    Delighted to have you here!

I wouldn't worry too much about the scan - we've had to return for scans a few times because they weren't able to see various things. It usually just means the baby isn't cooperating and displaying all the necessary bits!

And I'm 41 (will be 42 when she is born), and my daughter will be 15 when her sister arrives! Just think of it as producing a babysitter first!!

Oh, You are so funny. But its so much truth about babysitter. Your girl for sure , my boy probably bit less :)
    I also I've heard about bio- oil that is good but I also know that nothing will help if you have tendency to get strech marks. My first pregancy I didnt use anything and I didnt have strech marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭julyjane

I bought bio-oil on previous pregnancies and haven't got many stretch marks, but then maybe I never fully lost the weight either!

I read recently that it's a waste of money and doesn't work, and I am more money conscious now than I was back then so don't know if I'll bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭corkgirl17

I've been using the bio oil for the past 2 weeks, you'd get through a lot very quickly!! Not sure if it'll make a difference though.. Hoping I wont get bad stretch marks.. Bump is only starting to grow at this stage, still feel like I just look a little fat!! How is everybody feeling?

Has everybody been finding out the sex??

I've been using Palmers stretch mark cream, smells lovely and leaves my skin really soft, plus I've been drinking gallons of water. Although my sil who is a beautician told me it does not matter what I use, your skin is either prone to stretch marks or not. I'm hoping not, my mum never got any marks so hopefully I have her wonderful skin!!! Plus my bump is really small, still in most of my normal clothes and people won't believe me when I tell them I'm 5 months!

My next apt is not for another 3 wks and no scan at it :( We are not going to find out the sex anyway.

Just getting over an awful stomach bug, it was like having ms all over again :(

Hope everyone is doing well, enjoy the bank hol weekend :)

• Advertisement

Hello ladies. I went for a scan 2 weeks ago and my little one is not cooperative so I dont know yet. Maybe that is why I do not feel like doing shopping yet. Blue or pink - i do not like unisex. Have a good weekend too

I was sick this morning!!!:mad: What the hell is going on?? Dammit, thought I was past all that. I think it's because work is ramping up again for the summer so I'm actually having to do something for a change...:pac::pac:
    Hope you ladies are all feeling well.:)

I was sick this morning!!!:mad: What the hell is going on?? Dammit, thought I was past all that. I think it's because work is ramping up again for the summer so I'm actually having to do something for a change...:pac::pac:
    Hope you ladies are all feeling well.:)

Hi banbhaaifric, I hope you are feeling better :)

How are all you ladies and bumps getting on? has anyone started on iron supplements yet? I tried them last week but they made me horrifically sick. I stopped taking them, exams coming up soon and cannot afford to be so sick.

had a funny experience with 'bump feeling' at the weekend. Friends of mine after a few glasses of wine wanted to know if and how I could tell where the baby was so I explained. They then went on to poke my bump going 'oh yeah I think I can feel it' None of my friends have children and it was very funny to see their reactions.

:)

How are all you ladies and bumps getting on? has anyone started on iron supplements yet? I tried them last week but they made me horrifically sick. I stopped taking them, exams coming up soon and cannot afford to be so sick.

Is it Galfer you're taking? The midwife recommended Pregnacare plus to me, as she said it's a lot less harsh than Galfer AND you're still getting all the recommended levels of iron. Getting on grand with it!

Had the 20 week scan today, baby was very active, so funny to see it moving all around! Haven't felt any kicks yet though, prob in the next few weeks!

Also looking at creches at the mo...the prices of some of them are crazy!! (I guess in Dublin city centre they are gonna be more expensive anyway than in the burbs)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

I am almost 22 weeks. My rib is killing me the last few days. Whatever all that is about.
    This is number 3 for me. My others are just turned 3 and 18m.

23 weeks tomorrow, my bump doubled in size over the last 2 weeks. Cant say Im a fan coz I feel HUGE but nugget is bouncing around like mad so all's good.

So what have I missed? The wedding went off grand, except I lost my wedding ring on the way to the ceremony (oops!) and my a**hole brother and family (7 in total) didnt bother turning up to the family only event coz I wouldnt let them bring some random child, but everyone else had a ball. We ended the night playing pool and bowling, great craic! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

\Pat in the last week i have blown up. I was fine all along, no one even suspected i was pregnant. Then all of a sudden i look pregnant and feel pregnant, its like my organs are after squishing up and now i have a bump and under my boobs is hard already. Amazing i am still in my own normal clothes even though on my last two i wouldn't fit in my normal clothes after 10 and 12 weeks. I have only put on 1lb so far, i put on 6 stone with my others, i had polyhydraminios. I have only had one scan so far. My others were high risk and was scanned weekly so this is a change. I have a scan next week, last one was at 12 weeks. Except i had a scan in the early pregnancy unit and i still have those to check my cervical length. I find out next week if i need a stitch put in my cervix or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

Just back from a week off, which was lovely - last holiday as two as opposed to three :) really good to get a break from work and all.
    Had our anomaly scan done just before we left, all perfect with the little bean. The amount of detail you see at this stage (23 weeks) is amazing! All in all I'm really loving being pregnant, feeling great, lots of kicks from the bean.
    One thing that never really bothered me up until now was the fact that I was born at 29 weeks (30 years ago), that's really not that far off where I'm at now... please little bean, don't do as I did.

Hope everyone else is feeling good too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

More Sept babies on board thats mighty!
    I`m looking fairly pregnant these days - people at work aren`t asking me just in case I hadn`t lost last babys`weight (he`s 9mths) :p 11lbs up so far at 23 weeks :cool:
    Oh I had a bikini wax done last week and despite having it done regularly I might not get it done again til after the birth - oh god it was so painful that I could only do a small bit not the usual californian :o
    Anyone finding out the sex? I probably will myself.
    Having my glucose tolerance test in the morning - should be fun!!

• Advertisement

Pat in the last week i have blown up. I was fine all along, no one even suspected i was pregnant. Then all of a sudden i look pregnant

I am the exact same! I'm 21 weeks this week, but my bump has only expanded in the last few days, it's so weird!

Off on my last holiday for a while next week, so looking forward to some sun - I've had my doc do a "fit to fly" letter JUST in case the airline decide to ask for it, unlikely, but want to have all bases covered.

Advertisement