Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Register expired domain

Options
  • 08-01-2013 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

There is a domain I am interested in registering. It was previously registered in 2005. It expired on 13-November-2012.

I tried to register it but was told it in the 'redemption period'.

How long does it usually remain in the redemption period before it becomes publicly available to register?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

30 days in redemption period,

5 days pending-deletion

Doesn't necessarily mean you can buy it then though.

Check this out http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/archive/2005/03/how-to-snatch-an-expiring-domain

Or just google 'redemption period' or 'drop catching'. Google is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭arbitrage

Thanks. All the other websites I went to were saying 30 days redemption which have passed so I was wondering what the story is.

Long story short its available 75 days after the expiration date.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭arbitrage

If there are a few people who have backordered a domain address how is it decided who gets it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

In my head: A battle to the death
    In reality: First come first served? Ask the registrar?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Moved from Development; SEO seems the better fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

In my head: A battle to the death
    In reality: First come first served? Ask the registrar?
    Depends

If it drops completely then it's "first come, first served"
    But there's a big market in "the drop", so you could be up against other people vying for the same domain

Advertisement