Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A1 Licence

• 08-01-2013 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi All,

Cant seem to find a straight answer on this. I have a full cat B driving licence for over 10 years but my licence is due for renewal soon. Just wondering because I have cat B does it mean that I can add Cat A1 onto it without doing a test?

I know years ago once you had a B licence you could drive a bike up to 125cc

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

conor06 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Cant seem to find a straight answer on this. I have a full cat B driving licence for over 10 years but my licence is due for renewal soon. Just wondering because I have cat B does it mean that I can add Cat A1 onto it without doing a test?

Thanks!

no you cant its a completely different licence category, you can however add a M to it, which will allow a 50cc scooter to your licence.

If you want to add any class of A licence its a new theory test followed by IBT training.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭Mr Motorcycle

conor06 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thanks!

The short answer is No and Never

Its a differnt catagory ie car/ motorcycle

You could never ride a 125 motorcycle on a car licence.

You could however ride a moped up tp 50cc at one stage when you passed your car test

That is no longer the case

You must do theory test and the IBT 16 hrs compulsory training

Advertisement