Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newly installed Landline

• 08-01-2013 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi there,

I recently got installed phone and broadband. The thing is, I can connect my router and phone to only the phone and socket in the hall where the connection comes in from outside. No connection at any other of the 7 other sockets in the house. I was up in attic putting away Xmas bits and came across 7 white phone cables all banded together, is there any connector I could get to connect the one coming from the hall to the rest so I can have the phone and router separated.

Thanks in advance.

Al

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

You could get a dsl filter socket and connect the phones to the phone part and broadband to the broadband.

You would need a cable going from the attic to the main socket to get this to work. Then connect 4 lines off using a junction box in the attic.

Its recommended you only have a maximum of 4 phones connected on the one line. There may not be enough power to power up the other phones.

Its easier to use a dsl filter socket rather then adapter.

Advertisement