Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two weeks gym membership for €1.74

• 08-01-2013 4:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

Lucozade Sports Lite have a fitness promotion.
    Buy a bottle, enter code from bottle online, print a two week pass. You can only use one voucher per gym. Avail of 2 weeks in each gym listed until 30 April.
    1) Purchase one bottle of Lucozade Sport Lite Orange or Lemon and Lime flavour.
    2) Visit www.lucozadesportlite.ie.
    3) You will be asked to enter a 10 digit code. You will find the codes located on the Lucozade Sport Lite bottles above the label.
    4) Choose your preferred gym from the list of participating gyms.
    5) Print a voucher and take it to your chosen gym.
    6) Enjoy two weeks free gym membership.

https://www.lucozadesportlite.ie/terms-conditions.html

The 500ml bottle costs €1.74 in Tesco or 4x500ml is €4.59
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Seems to good to be true tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It's more like 2 weeks free Gym membership to allow Glaxo Smith Kline to plague you with Marketing and then the Gym to be able to hound you as well. :D

Good for the thick skinned who either want to try and gym(without being duped into a membership they don't want) or people who just like free stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

Who goes to the gym for two weeks? You'll hardly end up looking like Macho Man Randy Savage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Marsden wrote: »
    Who goes to the gym for two weeks? You'll hardly end up looking like Macho Man Randy Savage.

Who cares how long its for, its €2!

It gives people who were thinking of joining one of the participating gyms a real oppertunity to try out the facilities and classes before committing themselves to joining for a longer period of time.

Some people will complain about anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sweet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

For Limerick, if you really wanted to,you could have 8 weeks membership for less than a tenner. If you REALLY wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

can't find any gyms on their map??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭MacBoogerBalls

TheDriver wrote: »
    can't find any gyms on their map??
    Appears to be none for Carlow,Kilkenny,Roscommon or Tyrone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

No gyms in Carlow... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Any in Louth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

You'll hardly end up looking like Macho Man Randy Savage.

Like wearing yellow sequined jackets with a matching cowboy hat and spandex?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Wonder can you keep buying the lucozade to get two more weeks each time or can you only attend it once? Its on in my local gym in Dunshaughlin, will give it a go!!
    Thanks a mill OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Like wearing yellow sequined jackets with a matching cowboy hat and spandex?
    :D

Ohh Yeah. He was a legend though RIP

09df55fa-fc76-4a31-a376-87bf1b925b35.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

3 gyms on that list close to me, 6 weeks for under a fiver ill give that a go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Thanks jazzman ut it won't let me click on the counties :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

OK, 2 bottles in the hand, where is the code or do I need to buy special bottles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Ah crap, no codes on either bottle http://www.lucozadesportlite.ie/how-it-works.html
    Tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

almost all the gyms in Dublin are Curves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

You're lucky! ALL of the gyms in Kildare (all one of them) is a curves. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

Can't seem to click in on the map - can anyone see any gyms in Mayo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Yeah it's ridiculous! Though I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

Might have to just go with Leapordstown.
    Only wrote: »
    Can't seem to click in on the map - can anyone see any gyms in Mayo?

Lakeside, Balinrobe
    EALU leisure centre, Belmullet
    Ballina Sports Centre, Ballina
    Foxford Leisure Centre, Foxford
    Lough Lannach Fitness, Castlebar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Westwood clontarf is in it, that's just around the corner from me. I might go check it out. Thanks op, I usually only drink water so i wouldn't have seen it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Nothing in Bray or Greystones, balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Thargor wrote: »
    Nothing in Bray or Greystones, balls.

If you drive you can nip down to Glenview.
    Its an ok gym, pretty small though.

Can anyone advise if Curves are female only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭recyclops

sadly curves is women only, i have two gyms near me handy stuff

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Awesome!

The map doesnt really work, but if you go to where you type in the code, theres a section to where you pick your gym and it shows them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

If you drive you can nip down to Glenview.
    Its an ok gym, pretty small though.

Can anyone advise if Curves are female only?
    Never realised it was that close thanks, will they have trainers there to give a bit of advice or is it one of those one employee on the desk and thats it kind of places do you know?

• Advertisement

was just looking at the terms and conditions and it looks like there will only be 50 vouchers for each gym!

if this is correct they will go quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Thargor wrote: »
    Never realised it was that close thanks, will they have trainers there to give a bit of advice or is it one of those one employee on the desk and thats it kind of places do you know?

Whenever I've been there the staff were helpfull.
    They are very busy though because attending to hotel guests and the swimming pool etc.

If you are a newbie they will show you around the locker rooms and the gym itself.

I wouldnt expect much 1-to-1 time with staff though.
    But they are helpfull none the less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

How do u know for sure a bottle has a code on it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

How do u know for sure a bottle has a code on it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Beer Baron wrote: »
    It's more like 2 weeks free Gym membership to allow Glaxo Smith Kline to plague you with Marketing

If in doubt about the possibility of spam: Create a new email account, use that instead.

Anyone know if there is a limit to this? I know someone who may be interested. Eg: Use two vouchers in the same gym, or is it a one per gym per person type thing.

If in doubt about the possibility of spam: Create a new email account, use that instead.

Anyone know if there is a limit to this? I know someone who may be interested. Eg: Use two vouchers in the same gym, or is it a one per gym per person type thing.

look here

https://www.lucozadesportlite.ie/terms-conditions.html

• Advertisement

gustafo wrote: »
    was just looking at the terms and conditions and it looks like there will only be 50 vouchers for each gym!

if this is correct they will go quickly

Thats only for the ALSAA gym.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

Yeah it's ridiculous! Though I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

Might have to just go with Leapordstown.

Lakeside, Balinrobe
    EALU leisure centre, Belmullet
    Ballina Sports Centre, Ballina
    Foxford Leisure Centre, Foxford
    Lough Lannach Fitness, Castlebar

Thanks a million!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Westwood is there. They offer 10 day free trial membership themselves. But the price is €75 per month usually. Lovely gyms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That's great, I've been thinking of joining Sanovitae in Liffey Valley anyway. Thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Anyone actually try it yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

5 gyms listed for Clare, but of the 5, only 3 are still in business!

Anyone actually try it yet?

was in tesco earlier and picked up a few bottles, i was looking at the the 4 multipac and i could not see the code on the bottles so i just got 2 loose bottles for 3 euro where i could see half the code before peeling off the label,

i just entered there now and got the voucher printout for 2 different gyms close to me so will check out the 2 gyms for 2 weeks each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 macshah

Hi gustafo

I checked few bottles both in Tesco and Dunnes but couldn't find any code. So you mean I need to peel off the label to get the code??

macshah wrote: »
    Hi gustafo

I checked few bottles both in Tesco and Dunnes but couldn't find any code. So you mean I need to peel off the label to get the code??

the code is at the top of the bottle just below the cap, half the code is visable and the other half is hidden behind the label,

when i was in the store earlier it seemed all the loose bottles of orange had a code on them and the lemon and lime had none, very easy to spot which have them.

it will prob differ in each store so if you can't find the code just ask one of the staff they prob have them in the back store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

So the bottles dont have any advertisement of this offer on the label then?

adamski8 wrote: »
    So the bottles dont have any advertisement of this offer on the label then?

no they don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭JaManSnowFlake

I have tried a number of shops in my area and I have foolishly bought 4 bottles with no code. The lemon and lime is lacking in sugar and flavor.

Has anyone found a shop on the south side of Dublin with codes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭JaManSnowFlake

I'd say these vouchers will disappear very fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Just got two for my kids, thanks OP.

I'd been concerned that the promotion would only be open to >18s, but the T&C don't have any such stipulation. However, read 'em carefully before you choose your gym — in the case of ClubVitae, for example, it says it only gives you access to the gym area, not the pool.

Also:
    Participation in this Promotion may be subject to a full verification process and Participants should retain their bottles as they may be required to verify eligibility for vouchers and participation in this Promotion. The Promoter and /or the respective Gym reserve the right to refuse membership to any Participant who has not complied with any of these terms and conditions, if there is any suspicion of abuse or fraud or in the event that bottles have not been legitimately purchased in order to be eligible for entry into this Promotion (my emphasis).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

peckerhead wrote: »
    Just got two for my kids, thanks OP.

I'd been concerned that the promotion would only be open to >18s, but the T&C don't have any such stipulation. However, read 'em carefully before you choose your gym — in the case of ClubVitae, for example, it says it only gives you access to the gym area, not the pool.

Also:

Erm..
    3. The GET FIT FOR FREE promotion is open to all residents of the Republic of Ireland; aged 16 years and older.

• Advertisement
Advertisement