Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOKIA 1800 not charging

Options
  • 08-01-2013 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello!

So I bought a Nokia 1800 last February and its been a little gem of a phone until today. The battery died on my way to work, so when I arrived I plugged it in to the charger I keep at my desk. The phone won't turn on for me. I've taken out the battery and cleaned it before putting it back in, I've tried the charger in a few different plugs just in case but nothing's doing.

I've had the phone barely a year, I doubt it could just have given up the ghost in such a short space of time? Also, I am beginning to suffer from a minor case of nomophobia! I've googled this problem and the solutions I find seem to be very technical.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Try a different phone with the charger to confirm its working. When you have confirmed the charger is working, leave it plugged into the phone for an hour and just leave it. Sometime with the battery completely drains, it needs to be left in the charger for awhile before it recharges.

Let me know how you get on. Worst case, you can bring it back to point for purchase to send for repair under warranty. If its just the battery thought, that wont be covered, and you will have to buy a new one.

Advertisement