Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this called? Sliding screen

Options
  • 08-01-2013 5:35pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=slickdevlabs.apps.usbtoserialterm
    When I hit the connect button the settings slide off to the side and disappear, the screen resizes. I can hit the settings button to get it to slide back out and in also.

What is this called? I have similar settings I want to display at the start of the activity then I would like them to go away after I use them etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

This app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=slickdevlabs.apps.usbtoserialterm
    When I hit the connect button the settings slide off to the side and disappear, the screen resizes. I can hit the settings button to get it to slide back out and in also.

What is this called? I have similar settings I want to display at the start of the activity then I would like them to go away after I use them etc.

This should help -

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11234375/how-did-google-manage-to-do-this-slide-actionbar-in-android-application/11367825#11367825

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thanks that looks great. Will try it out.

Would it be less convoluted if I just hit a button and the options disappeared, no sliding etc?
    All I want is for them to be there at the start and then feck off after I press them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thanks that looks great. Will try it out.

Would it be less convoluted if I just hit a button and the options disappeared, no sliding etc?
    All I want is for them to be there at the start and then feck off after I press them.

Up to you really and the design of your app, I think you could do that easily if your using fragments.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Guess I'll try fragments, at the moment the settings are jsut at the top of the screen formatted by a linearlayout, so that should be bettered.

If anybody else wants to know, View.setVisibility(GONE) is a very easy way of doing this. I can try and make that slower or animate it now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement