Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing Football in London

Options
  • 08-01-2013 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm involved with a GAA club in the South London area. We have a lot of lads playing with us living in the Clapham area. If anyone is interested in playing or know of someone who may be interested please pm me.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I'm here a week. May be interested once I'm settled. More for fitness than my (lack of) footy skills!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Are you talking Gaelic football? or Football (footy) as the locals call it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Gaelic football - OP mentioned GAA at the start of his post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Yes, but then post No2 mentoned 'footy' and the question was out there > Footy or Gaa?

Now we know :))

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

LordSutch wrote: »
    Yes, but then post No2 mentoned 'footy' and the question was out there > Footy or Gaa?

Now we know :))

any summer evening on clapham common will have loads of groups playing Gaelic, soccer, aussie rules, and maybe hurling.
    what club is it OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Naomh

Club is Dulwich Harps - most convenient club to Clapham area. Good social side to it as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zippy1991

Interested will be in Clapham from mid April.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭splanagan22

Hi. I'm interested in getting involved in a gaa club. I have email the op a few weeks back but doesn't seem to be active in sometime. I'm out in south east London at the minute but hopefully moving towards clapham in the near future if anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Draydis80

splanagan22 if you're interested in playing in south east london then get in touch with cuchulainns http://cuchulainnsgaa.com/ they train in kidbrooke and play intermediate hurling and football

london drew with leitrim today, so replay will probably be in ruislip next week or week after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Unfortunately the GAA in their infinite wisdom have set the game for Hyde Park (not that one) in Roscommon. Bit unfair on London but nothing that organisation does surprises me

Unfortunately the GAA in their infinite wisdom have set the game for Hyde Park (not that one) in Roscommon. Bit unfair on London but nothing that organisation does surprises me

ah for FOOK sake!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Fulham Irish wouldn't be too far away from Clapham either afaik, train on Wormwood Scrubs

Disgraceful not to have the replay in Ruislip - a huge chance to have another big day to promote the game here lost. Would have been a huge day out, and I know a lot of Leitrim folk would have travelled. London board should have asked about a replay before the game, and got it on in London but I was told a lot of fellas with not much between the ears travelled! Not sure how true, but tbh, in my limited dealings with them, I haven't been too inspired. Lot of politics in there!

McStay's comment on the Sunday game, ridiculous to say the least. Basically said why don't the London fellas stay for a training camp for the week - is he so far out of touch with reality?? Sure the reason the lads are playing with London is because they moved over here for work, not for a holiday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 fumbles

Are there any ladies teams around NW London? I've never played, but would like to get to know some people around here (and hopefully get fit too!). I work in NW10 and live in HA9.

Advertisement