Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Kilcock

Options
  • 08-01-2013 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

We are thinking of buying a house in Royal Meadows, Kilcock and are just wondering if anyone would have any info/opinions of this estate and Kilcock itself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭STForSale

Royal Meadows :
    Very nice estate in a good location. Walking distance to village / shops / bus and train.
    Houses are pre celtic tiger "kicked up" stock.

Kilcock:
    Location wise is pretty good, M4 on your door step (Galway is only an hour).
    Plenty of shops / bars / couple of restaurants / takeaways.
    Liffey valley is 15 minutes.
    Lidl opening next month so no need to tackle maynooth traffic for the weekly grocery shop.
    The Primary schools have a very good reputation, not to sure about the secondary though.
    The GAA / athletics and football clubs are all within 5 minutes walk.

The Village is spoiled by the selection of derelict buildings which is a pitty as the area around the harbour is quite picturesque.

Living here 12 yeas so if you have any specific questions I'll try to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Personally I would go for Maynooth. Far better transport links with the train and bus.

Also Galway is nearer 2 hours, would be the guts of an hour to Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Royal Meadows is a nice estate, no rough elements I'm aware of...

Personally I would go for Maynooth. Far better transport links with the train and bus.

Also Galway is nearer 2 hours, would be the guts of an hour to Athlone.
    Hear we go again banging the maynooth drum.
    The op specifically asked about Kilcock so feel free to start your own "Maynooth is Great" thread.

Maynooth has better transport links and more to offer in terms of local ameneties but this is reflected in property prices.

It also has chronic traffic congestion and 8,000 students which would not suit everyone.

Lastly, I have driven to Galway in just over an hour from Kilcock, make of that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

I make that you didn't sell that ST! :D

• Advertisement

SQ2 wrote: »
    I make that you didn't sell that ST! :D
    LOL, tis long gone, unfortunatley .
    Some snob from Maynooth bought it :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 galwaygal1

thanks guys. we're actually living in Maynooth at the moment but as ye say there is a big difference in the property prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Guni

Hi galwaygal just wondering did you ever move to royal meadows in kilcock? We are looking at that area and are trying to get opinions on the place, if you did move would you mind letting me know if you like it and if you didn't move why did you decide against it? Thanks:)

Advertisement