Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Suede song

Options
  • 08-01-2013 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭

not bad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Ah poor old Suede one step behind Bowie yet again! of all the days!........i love the first two albums(the rest...eh not so much)have to say i like this,makes me hopeful for the new album

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Ah poor old Suede one step behind Bowie yet again! of all the days!........i love the first two albums(the rest...eh not so much)have to say i like this,makes me hopeful for the new album

well i think suede released theirs on monday :)

i love the first 2 as well but love the 3rd too

dog man star is probably my favorite though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I'm not too keen on this at all, a bit too close to safe U2-style stadium rock for my tastes. I know it's not exactly the same Suede that released their self-titled and Dog Star Man but I definitely preferred them when they sounded sleazy, had that glam swagger and had ballads that sounded like the soundtrack to a bad comedown. I think they lost most of their magic when Bernard Butler left the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

It's not bad, I like the chorus, reminds me of echo and the bunnymen, the only thing I dislike about it is that it does sound a bit like manufactured safe stadium rock, ie there is a bit of the formulaic going on there.

well i think suede released theirs on monday :)

i love the first 2 as well but love the 3rd too

dog man star is probably my favorite though

Ah i know i was only acting the bollocks:D.......they must have thought to themselves "ah ffs!" when they saw the return of Bowie yesterday though,in his shadow yet again

Dog Man Star is my favourite too,brilliant album,got buried at the time due to Blur and that other lot of course,the deluxe edition is fantastic,did you get that? its how those things should be done,very reasonably priced too

• Advertisement

Zero1986 wrote: »
    I'm not too keen on this at all, a bit too close to safe U2-style stadium rock for my tastes. I know it's not exactly the same Suede that released their self-titled and Dog Star Man but I definitely preferred them when they sounded sleazy, had that glam swagger and had ballads that sounded like the soundtrack to a bad comedown. I think they lost most of their magic when Bernard Butler left the band.

Exactly,its what ive hoped for before every release since 96(good description too of the early stuff)"Coming Up" wasnt bad but i remember thinking "this will do until they get back on their feet,next one will be better".......ha ha was i wrong

Bernard leaving was game over really,even the b.sides from his time tower over everything that followed(in fact some were so good they towered over some of the bloody album tracks!)

I disagree on the new track though,ive given it a few listens and i have to say i like it,misses the sleaze but thats long gone,its certainly better than 99% of everything post Bernard for me....ill still download before i hand over cash for anew record though,been burned by this lot too many times!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

anyone ever check out the suede forum?

brett posts there too

http://forum.suede.co.uk/

Advertisement