Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Athlone hunger strike exhibit

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LivelineDipso

Get Dominos Pizza to sponser it. No public money then.

"We Deliver!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Sure isn't it a great little country we live in. Paying Councillors and artists to argue over 'art' the public don't give a **** about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Scandalous carry-on, Those dopes wouldn't have cared either only that thug from the murder squad was acting up in the museum last week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

When Cooney and son put their art critic expertise on the table then I might take some notice of what they have to say on the subject.

Until then they can fúck right off and stop meddling in something they know nothing about.

This is nothing short of attempted censorship on their part. Something I had hoped was a thing of the past in Irish politics.

It has embarrasing echoes of Jayne Mansfield's visit to Tralee in 1967. The few claiming to speak up for the protection of the many - Who are well capaple of thinking for themselves,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I am deeply offended by something, my solution? Have it removed so nobody else can see it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

...a shame the father has passed on his asshole views to his son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

This is ridiculous. Its not that id be a fan of the artwork but who the hell gave cooney the right to censor what the public can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

I suppose The Godfather film(s) should be banned as well, for glamourising an illegal organisation??

Fucckwits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Speaking after the meeting, Mr Cullen said the piece had travelled the world and there was no question of censorship in Northern Ireland, Paris or the US. "I am a bit shocked. The reason I came was to show my solidarity and my support for the gallery staff."

www.independent.ie

Willie Frazer would be proud of these fuck-wits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

athlonelad wrote: »
    This is ridiculous. Its not that id be a fan of the artwork but who the hell gave cooney the right to censor what the public can see.

...this is a man who tried to stop a family burying a man according to his wishes so expect no better.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Typical FG, ban everything they disagree with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

"Is it a nudie type of thing at all, do you know councillor?"

Advertisement