Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car hire Brisbane

Options
  • 08-01-2013 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hi will be on holidays in Brisbane in September. Hope to hire car for a few weeks. Can anyone recommend a good value/service car rental company in the area. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 little_divil

a good website for comparing car hire prices is http://www.vroomvroomvroom.com.au/

just double check with the company you decide to go with though, as they might ask for a bond (usually on credit card) which can be high - just read the small print :) Downtown pickups can vary in price versus airport too

hope that helps! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sammye333

gripcasey wrote: »
    Hi will be on holidays in Brisbane in September. Hope to hire car for a few weeks. Can anyone recommend a good value/service car rental company in the area. Thanks for any help.

Just back from holiday in sydney. Had car hired. Some fffffffckn cnut keyed the car on three panels. Car company charged me the full excess which was 2800 dollars. I'm waiting for the cost report from the hire company. Not expecting to get any more back. Moral of story. Take down your excess or get FULL insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

sammye333 wrote: »

Just back from holiday in sydney. Had car hired. Some fffffffckn cnut keyed the car on three panels. Car company charged me the full excess which was 2800 dollars. I'm waiting for the cost report from the hire company. Not expecting to get any more back. Moral of story. Take down your excess or get FULL insurance.
    Sorry to hear that, but there are alternative car hire excess insurance providers. You don't need to pay the extortionate rates charged direct.

Advertisement