Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vets that take direct payment from insurance

• 08-01-2013 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

hi everyone! So i am looking for a vet that takes direct payment from allianz, ie. I would pay the excess and then the vet would claim the rest from allianz directly.
    I think it would be a good idead though if there was a list of vets that do this with the various insurance companies.
    So any advance on this would be great!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Whereabouts are you? My vet in Cork takes direct payment but it would depend on where you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I am in dublin but if people respind to this post maybe i can compile all the info irelandwi wide into a table and post it up here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Anicare do - well they used to - I haven't needed to claim anything for a couple of years thank god! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Noah in baldoyle do as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Mile Woods (the eye vet) in primrose hill vet accepts Allianz payment. I only pay the excess with Ucd also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Millem wrote: »
    Mile Woods (the eye vet) in primrose hill vet accepts Allianz payment. I only pay the excess with Ucd also.

Pat Keeling /Raheny Vetinary Hospital - great with dealing with Allianz & you only ever pay the excess. You can pay yourself and request the repayment cheque be made back yourself if you choose to do that either. Great easy people to deal with.

I heard uCD only took cash & didn't deal with insurance ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Pat Keeling /Raheny Vetinary Hospital - great with dealing with Allianz & you only ever pay the excess. You can pay yourself and request the repayment cheque be made back yourself if you choose to do that either. Great easy people to deal with.

I heard uCD only took cash & didn't deal with insurance ?

No ucd will take direct payment from numerous insurance. They are great like that. If you don't have insurance they do require large cash deposits for operations etc. If you have paid the excess with your vet Ucd take your word for it however mike woods wants the €100 (and you will get refund) as a lot of people tell him they paid excess and then he is left short. Just to clarify when I am talking about Ucd I mean the mon-fri vet not the out of hours one (who I don't have any real experience with).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

tk123 wrote: »
    Anicare do - well they used to - I haven't needed to claim anything for a couple of years thank god! :)

Yeah all anicare practices will do this for allianz. Not from my insurer though, but for sure from allianz.

Anicare are a great practice - have been going to them over 20 years from when they first had a place in Glasnevin. They now also have branches in Clontarf, Santry, Blanchardstown and Palmerstown. Very good practice - I highly recommend them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Little Ted wrote: »
    Yeah all anicare practices will do this for allianz. Not from my insurer though, but for sure from allianz.

Anicare are a great practice - have been going to them over 20 years from when they first had a place in Glasnevin. They now also have branches in Clontarf, Santry, Blanchardstown and Palmerstown. Very good practice - I highly recommend them.

Oops sorry -I forget to say it was for Allianz! I find them brilliant - some people complain that they're expensive but having a pet who needs ongoing treatment I've always found them brilliant. They understand my dog is afraid and are always very patient with him and they trust my judgement etc - their professional and personal approach means a lot more to me than saving a tenner! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

tk123 wrote: »
    They understand my dog is afraid and are always very patient with him and they trust my judgement etc - their professional and personal approach means a lot more to me than saving a tenner! :P
    +1 to this. I totally agree. I find that they listen to my observations also, and understand that I know when something is not quite right. I trust them totally, in particular Tanis who I find absolutely wonderful. Michael, Susan and Fintan run very close joint second place though! In fact, when Tanis won her Vet of the Year award from Stronghold it was on the basis of my nomination of how she looked after my dog and she was a totally deserving winner.

Now if only I could find a doctor to treat me as well as anicare treat my animals I would be laughing! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I use Anicare too but am insured with Petinsure.ie and they pay the vet direct so its not just Allianz.

Advertisement