Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extension lead for my aquarium

Options
  • 08-01-2013 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a big aquarium in a tricky spot that I need to get power to. The nearest socket is miles away and I dont want to have leads running over the floor/ up walls so am trying to find a way of doing it in a discreet way.

Was thinking- could I wire a 13amp 6 socket extension lead
    directly into a fused switch spur? The fused spur will be on the wall closest to the tank behind the plant pots and it will be coming off the existing socket that is miles away from the tank.

So would it be okay to cut the plug off the extension lead and wire it directly into the 13amp fused switch spur?

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

You could have a socket wired in rather than a spur, and just plug the extension outlet in.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭muckyhands

You see its a really tight space behind the pots where I want to put it so am trying to find a way around it so the tank doesnt have to be moved.

If I can cut the plug off and wire the extension lead directly it'll all fit in and the tank wont have to be moved.

Do you know if it would be ok to do that?

Thanks. :)

Yea it should be ok alright. Just make sure you dont water it along with the plants:)

Something sort of familiar about the photo etc. We are missing our resident photographer at the minute.

I believe he was a naughty boy but sure it takes a woman like me to keep him in check. :D

He knows who the boss is at home. :D

• Advertisement

muckyhands wrote: »
    I believe he was a naughty boy but sure it takes a woman like me to keep him in check. :D

He knows who the boss is at home. :D

I had a feeling alright, from the photo and then the username since he mentioned about garden design before, I believe. Tell him I said hello.

I`ve rebadged this week.

Robbie7730,

Will do.

Between fish tanks/ gardens and painting he has me worn out. :D

Sure he came home home from Ikea the other day with 250euros worth of indoor plants. If he thinks Im potting them all up, well..... :D:pac:

He must be going to open his own seaworld or something like that

Bruthal wrote: »

Sure its me who has to do all the work. :pac::D

Well we got it sorted,so glad the tank didnt have to be moved. Guess who potted up the plants though in the end? :pac:

Thanks for your help. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

A fine job done by a fine woman indeed.:D

• Advertisement

Well we are hatching out a load of brine shrimp,at this very moment in time.:D

paddy147 wrote: »
    Well we are hatching out a load of brine shrimp,at this very moment in time.:D

I have a photo or 2 of them under a scope we hatched out a few years ago, mad lookin yokes.

I have a photo or 2 of them under a scope we hatched out a few years ago, mad lookin yokes.

Mad indeed,but they have to be fed to 20 baby Discuss that have just hatched out themselves:D

Advertisement