Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prepaypower

Options
  • 08-01-2013 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

ive seen the ads in the paper and on tv and i think its a great idea in these nocash times, i used to have one in my flat years ago . getting my 10p,s all lined up for the week to put into ESB metre. and now prepaypower is on the scene, i thought great it would be brilliant if our landlord would say yes to it . no more estimated bills of 209.23e.our usual bill is 170e'sh.. what i would like to know is has any one in galway have got the prepaypower in their house and if so how is it working out for them, sorry i dont have a link for it but its installed for free , google it like i did. so what do ye think folks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

They sounded interesting until I did a check on their rates, they are the dearest as far as a quick check could show up. Check bonkers.ie to see rates etc.
    If estimated meter readings are a problem you usually have two weeks to submit the actual reading to your supplier..... Save yourself a few quid and avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I would assume it's the most expensive way to pay as it always is with "pay as you go" systems.

The only reason to use it is if your really, really stuck for money and couldn't possibly meet the monthly bills in one go. Otherwise bill pay is cheaper.

I know people that have had something like this and it's a pain in many ways. What if you run out of change one evening when the shops are closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've some friends that use this in their building, the landlord have had paid meters in there for years. Not these new ones but old school coin meters.
    You put euros in and get a certain amount of electricity.

None of them think it's a particularly good idea. You can run out of money and you won't get heat on a cold night, or what if you're away on holidays and the freezer/fridge turns off?

Advertisement