Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband very bad in Waterford City at night

Options
  • 08-01-2013 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

Am near top of the folly anybody elses eircom broadband very slow tonight, it was bad last night as well!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I thought it was just my computer that was bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

Ping 1300ms should be about 45ms download .35 Mbps should be at least 5mbps !!! www.speedtest.net

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Petey89

should have got upc broadband its much faster than eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Very easy spot a decies thread these days.

Thanks aboutobebanned ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 PurpleNurple

I'm in Dublin and having the same problem. ping of 800-1200 and download speeds of 0.3mbps.

What the F eircom?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

My eircom is ok tonight for a change - Ferrybank area
    Ping 40ms Download 3.6 mb Wireless

3g on the phone is dire tho lately on Meteor
    Ping 653ms Download 0.3

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭burstbuckle

I have a week to run with my contract,been like that with mine for 2 or 3 months.can't wait to switch provider,wouldn't touch eircom ever again.

I've been waiting for UPC to activate their services in my area for months now, hope they do it soon, I'll switch and never look back.

100mb for me please!

Bare in mind eircom are upping their network in Waterford at moment , due to be ready in April .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Petey89 wrote: »
    should have got upc broadband its much faster than eircom.

While I agree its much much faster than eircom, I think the amount of times it has been down in the past year is enough to put me off getting it. At least eircom is consistent, Its never gone down or been super slow for me in the past 3-4 years.

I can't get UPC where I live anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Petey89

While I agree its much much faster than eircom, I think the amount of times it has been down in the past year is enough to put me off getting it. At least eircom is consistent, Its never gone down or been super slow for me in the past 3-4 years.

Think its only been down once or twice for me in the last year an thats just because they were upgrading the lines i think. I find them great for broadband always fast never sluggish, i have the 50mb and its excellent will be gettin it in the new place in april too :)

Just heard back from UPC: Reps today and they now say that its gonna be March before they activated the damns services in my area! They put a notice through my door in November saying it was ready!

Not really a good first impression of the company tbh but I desperately need a faster connection. Eircom say up to 8mb but I only get 7 at the router so its really up to 7mb and realistically I get 5 on a good day with an upload of about 0.3 which is what's really killing me, especially with all the cloud services I use these days.

I'll definitely be enquiring about UPC's uptime guarantee when I'm looking to switch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

You should try Total Wireless if you're having difficulty - they manage to get to places no one eles can reach - well they did in my case.
    ww.totalbroadcast.net

Still very bad tonight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Been fairly slow for me tonight too, heard a few other complaining about it today aswell.

Advertisement