Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maximum transfer speed of built in card reader?

Options
  • 08-01-2013 9:38pm

I have a Acer Revo R3600 with a built in card reader. I can't decide whether to buy a Sandisk Extreme or Sandisk Extreme Pro SD card. The Pro has read/write of 95Mb/s while the bog standard Extreme has 45Mb/s (well up to that at any rate). Is there any point buying the Pro? I mean in the unlikely event I do get 95Mb/s with it will the built in card slot have a lower max?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I have a Acer Revo R3600 with a built in card reader. I can't decide whether to buy a Sandisk Extreme or Sandisk Extreme Pro SD card. The Pro has read/write of 95Mb/s while the bog standard Extreme has 45Mb/s (well up to that at any rate). Is there any point buying the Pro? I mean in the unlikely event I do get 95Mb/s with it will the built in card slot have a lower max?

Realistically the time this is most useful is shooting with the card, not data transfer (IMO) - If you're shooting say, sports, continuously with a high FPS camera - if the card isn't fast enough, you'll run out of buffer soon enough.

Advertisement