Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canada -The Big Move...help

• 08-01-2013 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi guys,just wondering any advive for an irish man moving to canada for work,hoping to get a job in the oil sands as a heavy equipment operator,Is there a to do list i should know,am applying for my iec visa now soon,and have already applied for my international driving permit,Is there anything else I could do to make my llife easier.any advive will be gratefully accepeted,eg,recruitment agenicies,I was thinking of moving to alberta,british columbia,saskician proviences,cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrs McSweeney

If you are looking at Saskatchewan you should also consider the SINP type visa (it's a provincial programme). It may prove more beneficial, and quicker for you.
    I understand that there will be another Canadian jobs fair here in Dublin soon (March?) and you could possibly/probably get a job there & then, with your skills (in demand if sufficiently experienced/tickets in order etc).

Once you get a job the SINP process is relatively quick, or at least that is the experience that we & friends have had.

Other Provinces have their own programmes too but I don't know anything about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Bring a scarf :)

2ut71px.jpg

Advertisement