Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL Regular Season 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    The new handpassing rule just screwed the Penguins over in MSG. Rangers score on a 5-on-3 to make it 1-1 after James "Real Deal" Neal scored the opener on the PP.

What's the reasoning for that rule? Seems like it's punishing clever play.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Masked Man wrote: »
    What's the reasoning for that rule? Seems like it's punishing clever play.

I was following some discussion on it on the HF Boards but they don't seem to know either, a lot of people are quite annoyed at it. Fair enough to make it illegal but to call a penalty seems like overkill.

Not even half way and the Penguins have chased Lundqvist. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

A great and unexpected start to the season for the Hawks. Really happy with the first two games. Nice to see Toews getting on the score sheet so early. Emery was a mess in goal last night and Crawford wasn't really tested against the Kings so can't judge him. So big question over that position still. Very impressed with Bolland so far in the second line center slot. Roll on St. Louis tomorrow.

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Emery was a mess in goal last night and Crawford wasn't really tested against the Kings so can't judge him. So big question over that position still.

They've taken Henrik Karlsson today from the Flames for a 7th round draft pick. Strange that they wouldn't have picked him up off waivers last week for nothing...

• Advertisement

They've taken Henrik Karlsson today from the Flames for a 7th round draft pick. Strange that they wouldn't have picked him up off waivers last week for nothing...

Seems odd alright but that's Stan Bowman for you. Looks like Hutton is going to miss some time for his part in the brawl for Rockford the other night so Karlsson will be straight down there.

Patrick Marleau becomes only the second player in NHL history to have multiple goals in his first four games of the season. He has outscored some entire franchises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Patrick Marleau becomes only the second player in NHL history to have multiple goals in his first four games of the season. He has outscored some entire franchises.

Some stats for him, 13 SOG/6 goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Seems odd alright but that's Stan Bowman for you. Looks like Hutton is going to miss some time for his part in the brawl for Rockford the other night so Karlsson will be straight down there.

Things make sense from day to day. I remember having a long talk with former Winnipeg and Chicago GM Mike Smith about this many years ago. Some trades are held up for the dumbest things.

At the end of the day, Chicago was able to get the depth that they were looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Luongo to start tomorrow vs Chicago. Goalie situation confusing.

• Advertisement

tolosenc wrote: »
    Luongo to start tomorrow vs Chicago. Goalie situation confusing.

His SO last night probably forced his start tomorrow. We will find out over the next few days whether he is #1 now or not.

Pens v Rangers tonight. Vokoun is starting in goals for the Pens after having putting in a solid performance against the Islanders two nights ago; after replacing Fluery. Rangers played well against the flyers last time out. Pens were poor against the Islanders judging by the stats and the highlights of the game. I reckon this could be a very good tight hard hockey game. Looking forward to it, I have to admit.

COYW wrote: »
    His SO last night probably forced his start tomorrow. We will find out over the next few days whether he is #1 now or not.

I figure it could be an emotional one tonight (Duncan Keith induced a concussion in Daniel last time we met) so I guess it makes sense to have the older head in net.

Begrudgingly have to admit Luongo was good last night. A pretty poor game and flat game too. Another tough shootout loss be we have still taken points in every game so far. What the hell was the thinking behind Leddy taking the fourth shot.

Begrudgingly have to admit Luongo was good last night. A pretty poor game and flat game too. Another tough shootout loss be we have still taken points in every game so far. What the hell was the thinking behind Leddy taking the fourth shot.

Gillis and Gilman were in Washington last night. No smoke without fire, but would the Caps trade for Louie? And if so, who? (c'mon Ovi! :P)

Kesler is to travel with the team, which is good news.

tolosenc wrote: »
    Gillis and Gilman were in Washington last night. No smoke without fire, but would the Caps trade for Louie? And if so, who? (c'mon Ovi! :P)

Kesler is to travel with the team, which is good news.

Watched the Caps yesterday and a goalie is the least of their worries. Ovie looked like half the player he was a few years ago.

Watched the Caps yesterday and a goalie is the least of their worries. Ovie looked like half the player he was a few years ago.

Mike Rupp traded to the Wild for Nick Palmieri (going to the AHL) and Darroll Powe.

Mike Rupp traded to the Wild for Nick Palmieri (going to the AHL) and Darroll Powe.

Can't say that I am disappointed to see him go. Apart from the Winter classic last year, I can't remember him doing anything special for us. He's slow, can't receive a pass and always losses when he fights.

Can't say that I am disappointed to see him go. Apart from the Winter classic last year, I can't remember him doing anything special for us. He's slow, can't receive a pass and always losses when he fights.

I got a retweet off him once, and that combined with his Jagr salute at the Winter Classic and his hat-trick for the Pens v the Rangers means I've a bit of a liking for him. But hockey-wise he is quite limited, and won't be a big loss.

The Bruins have traded Tim Thomas to the Islanders for a conditional second-round pick in 2014 or '15.

The Islanders paying a high price for a goaltender? Never!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

The Bruins have traded Tim Thomas to the Islanders for a conditional second-round pick in 2014 or '15.

Classic!

• Advertisement

Madness, utter madness. They were muck last night, thankfully. 1983 will be their last cup for many years to come.

Madness, utter madness. They were muck last night, thankfully. 1983 will be their last cup for many years to come.

Yet only a point behind the Rangers, with fewer home games played... :eek:

Yet only a point behind the Rangers, with fewer home games played... :eek:

We are up and down like ..... They were very poor last night. I expected them to push us very close. They never got into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rasto79

Hi guys, so happ i found you here.
    I thought passion for ice hockey did not exist in this country.
    Been here 6 years and never met anyone interested in this sport.

BTW Thomas will never play for Islanders and Bruins will have to give up that conditional 2nd round pick as Thomas needs to play first and then Bruins get draft pick. It is only bussines move as Islanders need to hit salary floor and Bruins needed to get rid of 5m that Thomas's contract is worth and they want to bring in someone. Word on the street is Iginla but that is only rumor. I am not trying to be smart just saying in case you did not know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Don't want Iginla, but I'd love to get Bobby Ryan.

Iginla still does it where he is, but I don't think he is what we need. Thomas is a pain, I don't like the fact he wanted to take a year off. To hell with all the political opinion and horse****, at his age he should be wanting to play as much as he can. As long as Rask can keep up the good work we should be fine, and we have a couple of decent backups.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Buddy all decent back ups we have is Khudobin and Subban.
    Rask was seriously injured last year and lets hope it is not gonna happen again.

Thomas is the best goalie i have seen all my life and without him no cup.
    Put that political and religous thing away, he is stand up guy. He wants something and does everything to achieve it. Should be example for all of us. He never gave up on his dream and what a dream he lived.
    His career was not easy and certainly was not born with silver spoon in hand.
    He earned it.
    He put his family through some hard times during his career and if he says he wants to see his kids grow up i believe it and respect it.

Again no offense just saying what i think.

And i think that Iginla would do anything to get ring, but i would accept Ryan too.

Welcome to the forum, rasto79. Great contributions to start your boards.ie life!

As regards Thomas, to give up hockey at such a late stage in a career is a questionable move. In fact, beyond questionable. I know hockey goaltenders tend to be durable men, but Thomas was a late bloomer and is pushing 39, only a couple of years shy of Brodeur. To take a break from the sport at such a high level and at such a late age is unusual to say the least. Not doubting his ability or character in the slightest, as far as the NHL goes he is possibly the best success story of the past 5 years. I loved that the Bruins won that cup and that he got the Conn Smythe older than any other had done so.

But I just don't think you can take a sabbatical at that age and come back the same. He may prove me wrong, but I doubt it. And I'm not questioning his decision to take the year out at all, but I don't think it helped his hockey career to do what he did.

Iginla is the one guy in the league I would love to see with a ring. But he won't do it with Calgary, and to leave Calgary would kill him and in some ways, ruin what he is all about. It's unfortunate, but it is the truth.

Welcome to the forum rasto79. Wow, the Leafs are giving Les Habitants a right hammering tonight, 4-0 with the third period still left to play. Kessel is on top of his game tonight.

Welcome to the forum rasto79. Wow, the Leafs are giving Les Habitants a right hammering tonight, 4-0 with the third period still left to play. Kessel is on top of his game tonight.

That's the one I've just tuned into. Going to switch to the Sabres now though, an extremely entertaining team this year thus far.

• Advertisement

Thanks for warm welcome to the forum Joe.

You are right that his decision did not help his career and he might be done as things will never be the same for him. He will probably retire next season or this off season. Even if i hope that he has what it takes to come back and prove us all wrong.

I only tried to point out good things that should be considered when judging him.
    I cant deny i like him and that could make me blind.

Advertisement