Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL Regular Season 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

rasto79 wrote: »
    Thanks for warm welcome to the forum Joe.

You are right that his decision did not help his career and he might be done as things will never be the same for him. He will probably retire next season or this off season. Even if i hope that he has what it takes to come back and prove us all wrong.

I only tried to point out good things that should be considered when judging him.
    I cant deny i like him and that could make me blind.

Bruins fan, I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rasto79

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Bruins fan, I take it?

Bruins fan :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

To be fair to Thomas, we wouldn't have won the cup without him, but that's true of most recent winners of Stanley, look at Quick last year.

I like Khudobin, watched him a few times with Providence this year, and he's still young, but learns quickly. Thomas's career is nearly over, and I thought at his age he would have wanted to spend as much time on the ice as he could, but each to his own I guess.

Anyway, on to tonight, after missing out on some hockey last night, looking forward to us meeting Buffalo. If anything we've got to get a hand on Vanek, he has been a pain in our ass for a while now and always seems to have our umber, so I hope there is a plan for him. Gotta be physical and play hard, don't let the Sabres get under our skin.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rasto79

looking forward to tonight's game
    it is first Thornton's game after injury
    should be fun to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Blue Jackets have fired Howson. I predict: Still dead last.

• Advertisement

Manny Malhotra is effectively retired now. Canucks have him on IR until the end of the season, unwilling to risk further damage to his eye.

tolosenc wrote: »
    Manny Malhotra is effectively retired now. Canucks have him on IR until the end of the season, unwilling to risk further damage to his eye.

Was reading that earlier, feel very sorry for the guy. He's well loved by the Canucks supporters.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Was reading that earlier, feel very sorry for the guy. He's well loved by the Canucks supporters.

MG said in the presser that they're working on exactly what staff role he'll have at the club from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Anyone see the Rangers game last night? I missed it but it looks like I was lucky to do so. We were comfortably ahead 2-0, sat back, got sloppy, gave away 3 without reply and were lucky to get a point to force OT. I cannot understand our form this season. I am starting to think last season was a fluke or that the players are believing all the pre-season hype and they don't feel the need to do the dirty work (blocks and good physical play) anymore.

Can't remember the last time the Islanders won at the Garden. (Edit : They had lost 8 straight prior to last night)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Crawford is out for the Sharks game tonight with an upper body injury. Hope he's not going to miss an extended period as he's looked real good so far (surprisingly). Don't know if Emery's hip can stand up to an extended run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Anyone know any good hockey podcasts?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭alanmcl12

Anyone know any good hockey podcasts?

Marek vs Wyshynski podcast is the best one there is in my opinion

Effing defensive turnovers are killing us this year. D just not at the races...

Watched the Senators v Devils there this evening. Really bad loss for the Devils. They should have had that game over by the end of the 1st period. Lost in a shoot out in the end.

Really good performance by the Rangers last night, Nash has a really good game and we scored on the PP, hurrah. Hopefully, we will keep moving onwards and upwards now. Habs up next.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Blackhawks tied the NHL record for 'best start to a season' last night with a win over Vancouver. Hossa knocked out of the game with an elbow to the back of the head after scoring two goals.

Just another Blackhawks v Canucks game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Lindy Ruff has been relieved of his duties by the Buffalo Sabres. After a decent start they have gone downhill of late, and the rumours have been doing the rounds of late as to how long he might last. Gonna be interesting to see who they replace him with.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Blackhawks tied the NHL record for 'best start to a season' last night with a win over Vancouver. Hossa knocked out of the game with an elbow to the back of the head after scoring two goals.

Just another Blackhawks v Canucks game.

Hansen got 1 game for it.

I really don't get how 13-0-3 is considered the same as 12-0-4, though.

Canucks-Blackhawks for the WCF this year, please.

Fasth has already earned himself another 2 years in Anaheim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Lindy Ruff has been relieved of his duties by the Buffalo Sabres. After a decent start they have gone downhill of late, and the rumours have been doing the rounds of late as to how long he might last. Gonna be interesting to see who they replace him with.

I was shocked to see him let go. Not so much for the team's performance as the fact that he was the longest serving coach on the NHL up until now.

Side note: This leave Barry Trotz as the longest serving bench coach. He was one game behind Ruff due to missing a season opener due to a death in the family.

• Advertisement

Malkin hitting the boards here...

He has shown concussion like symptoms... I wonder if he'll be out for long?

Malkin hitting the boards here...

He has shown concussion like symptoms... I wonder if he'll be out for long?

Was watching that live last night, the speed he hit the boards at was scary. Hopefully he's just a bit groggy and it isn't a full-on concussion.

That was a shocker on Malkin alright. Word on the street is that Nash is out with a concussions as well, as opposed to a groin strain.

Proposed realignment:
    419363_482778461771507_517517959_n.jpg

Playoffs being Conference Semi - Conference Final - Cup Semi - Cup Final (with each round being reseeded by overall league position).

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

tolosenc wrote: »
    Proposed realignment:
    419363_482778461771507_517517959_n.jpg

Playoffs being Conference Semi - Conference Final - Cup Semi - Cup Final (with each round being reseeded by overall league position).

Thoughts?

The only real losers from this is the florida teams to be honest. its for 3 seasons from next year so it could go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Go Habs Go!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

BIAwYLfCcAAFJzH.jpg:large

So looks like there's set to be a few stadium games next season, sort of a Winter Classic series I guess. Personally cannot wait for the NJ/NYR game at Yankee stadium, definitely going to make my way over to see that. Ducks against the Kings will be great too, really hope the Ducks wear a Mighty Ducks throwback jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Planning my trip to Chicago already should be an unreal atmosphere in Soldier field. Hope the schedule is kind that I can take in a few more games while there.

Will be looking to go to the Rangers games at Yankee stadium.

• Advertisement

Pit v Chi looks tasty!!

Going back to the season itself. I can't believe Columbus might get into the Play Offs...

Advertisement