Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best clubs in Dublin?

Options
  • 08-01-2013 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Right, We'll there's a few people going up for a concert this Saturday, And me and another lad are heading up for the laugh, Problem is we haven't a clue where the craic is? We were thinking of heading into Spearmint Rhino but don't know where after that? Anyone got suggestions? Both 18..

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The George is great of a Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Is there a Spearmint Rhino in Dublin?

Not sure about strip clubs but some of my favourite places to go to are Whelans , Bruxelles , Sweeneys , Doyles. They are all rock/indie places.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sweegy

Is there a Spearmint Rhino in Dublin?

Not sure about strip clubs but some of my favourite places to go to are Whelans , Bruxelles , Sweeneys , Doyles. They are all rock/indie places.

Yeah, It's on O Connell street from what I heard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

What type of music do you like first of all?

What type of music do you like first of all?

Club music, He's just recently turned 18 so want to have a night to remember really!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Moved from the gents club

Sweegy wrote: »
    Club music, He's just recently turned 18 so want to have a night to remember really!

I'm sorry, not trying to sound funny but I have no idea what club music is.

If you like indie/rock then maybe Whelan's would be an ideal spot?
    Previous poster mentioned Doyles and Bruxelles but I'm not sure there is a dancefloor in either of those places. Both great spots for a pint though.

The Twisted Pepper is my personal fav. It's more techno/house.
    There's also HUSSLE in the academy on a saturday night!

If you want your Rihanna/Lady Gaga then I hear Coppers is a good place.

I'm sure you'll find something to suit your tastes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭Goose81

You wont get into 90% of nightclubs and not a chance of getting into spearmint rhino (pretty sure its long gone btw).

Best off posting in the leaving cert forum for advice.

Previous poster mentioned Doyles and Bruxelles but I'm not sure there is a dancefloor in either of those places. Both great spots for a pint though.

Yeah, Techno and House mainly, Sorry for the bad description!

Goose81 wrote: »
    You wont get into 90% of nightclubs and not a chance of getting into spearmint rhino (pretty sure its long gone btw).

Best off posting in the leaving cert forum for advice.

Alright, Thanks! :D

• Advertisement

Don't think I've ever been in a club or pub that's played techno or house.

It's either chart music, indie, rock or coppers which has a musical genre all to itself.

Doyles has a dancefloor upstairs. Bruxelles has a dancefloor downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Yeah, Techno and House mainly, Sorry for the bad description!

Twisted Pepper so. Never had a bad night in there really music wise. It's not a massive "club" but definitely a better spot if you like decent music.

Infact thinking about it after reading awec's post above, I think its probably one of the only clubs the consistently plays house / techno on most nights.

Definitely Twisted Pepper then. http://m.bodytonicmusic.com/events/3006/

Or there's Indietronic just around the corner in the Grand Social. http://www.thegrandsocial.ie/event/indietronic/2013-01-12/

awec wrote: »
    Doyles has a dancefloor upstairs. Bruxelles has a dancefloor downstairs.

There's an upstairs in Doyle's? Christ, I've been in that place a few times and never knew.
    Only in Bruxelles the once and only thing I saw downstairs were the toilets.

Should have gone to specsavers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Definitely Twisted Pepper then. http://m.bodytonicmusic.com/events/3006/

Lucky lads, that'll be a great night.

Blawan

Absolutely love BRTV! My favourite is the 70min Richie Hawtin set.
    Discovered him at EP and have been hooked since.
    We need a BRTVDublin!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

If Bodytonic recorded their shows and upped them, that'd be a pretty good equivalent.

Move D was probably my fave. Kind of a Henry's vibe off it, without the omnipresent Chandler chords.

I'm only 20 mins in but this is a smooth set. Thanks for that.

Would love to go see Blawan myself but I have a ****load of study to catch up and I could only imagine that Sunday would be a write off If I did.

If you like that "funk" vibe of Move D you may be interested in a new night my mate is starting next Fri. https://www.facebook.com/events/137139953107838/?fref=ts

His last gig in Solas was absolutely fantastic. Here's hoping for just as great a night upstairs in Grand Social!

There's an upstairs in Doyle's? Christ, I've been in that place a few times and never knew.
    Only in Bruxelles the once and only thing I saw downstairs were the toilets.

Should have gone to specsavers.
    Doyles - go in the door and the stairs are directly in front of you. Upstairs is a dancefloor and another bar.

Bruxelles - go down the stairs and the toilets are straight in front of you. Take a right and you are brought into a bar with a dancefloor that plays charty type music. If you take a left instead of a right you come into another bar that plays rock music, with a pool table etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Twisted Pepper is your best bet imo. Nice bar, craft beers, mainly house music. Bouncers are sound, just dont turn up locked, you wont get in (especially if your only 18).

Also, bring ID (Garda ID or Passport only).

Go onto their FB or website and try and get guestlist , could save you €5, its normally between €10 and €15 at weekends.

Advertisement