Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where in sligo is argos?

Options
  • 08-01-2013 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

where in sligo is argos? is it near dunnes stores?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Bob Z wrote: »
    where in sligo is argos? is it near dunnes stores?

Opposite Doorly Park. Go to Lidl from St Annes, go past it, take a right, and another right into retail park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

thank you.

is the bypass/turn off from the Donegal side far from the town? is it walking distance

thank you.

is the bypass/turn off from the Donegal side far from the town? is it walking distance

Walking? I'd say not.

Your best plan I'd say, Im guessing you are coming from out of town?

Is to go into Sligo along the main motorway. (Coming across the bridge from the Donegal direction.

Gets tricky here.

There is a slip road to the left, off the main road, just past the main traffic lights coming across the bridge.

Take that left. But then go straight ahead...

Go up to the traffic lights...

Straight across, and follow the road round, past the cathedral on your left.

Until you come to another set of traffic lights.

Go straight ahead, this is called the Mail Coach Road.

Drive along that, going straight, as if ascending up out of the town ...

as you approach a main set of traffic light you will see a turning to your left.

Take that last left b4 the main traffic lights.

The cemetery will be on your right.

Go down to the bottom of that road.

Take a right.

Take first left.

Follow the road around.

Racecourse is on your right.

Road will eventually bear left as you pass the Regional Sports centre.

And the retail park is on the left there.

Hope this makes sense, my head is now wrecked:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

thanks for taking the time to type that out. will be useful

thanks for taking the time to type that out. will be useful

No worries, check out google road maps too..might be best to see if you can follow my directions based on that....

I've seen visitors to the town go round, and round and round, and round again, trying to get the right turn off..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Kettleson wrote: »
    Walking? I'd say not.

Your best plan I'd say, Im guessing you are coming from out of town?

Is to go into Sligo along the main motorway. (Coming across the bridge from the Donegal direction.

Gets tricky here......

Motorway from Donegal direction? When was that built?

:p

There is a lot easier way if coming from Donegal direction.

When you come into Sligo from Donegal, take the left just before the main bridge, follow this road, river will be on your right.

You'll come to a junction where you will be forced to turn left on to a one way and heading up a hill. take the middle lane just after the traffic lights, halting site will be on your right, you'll come to a juction one lane going straight ahead, and two to the right, stay in you lane and take the right, then down the hill, over the cross roads and zebra crossing, over a smaller bridge, and immediately turn left.

Keep following this road till you come to the retail park on your right. Along the way the river will be on your left, then through a residential area with the river and park continuing on your left for most of the way.

If coming from dublin/galway/mayo direction on the N4 Dual Carriageway (was this the motorway you were referring to Kettleson?), go straight over the round about, then over several sets of traffic lights, then turn right immediately after the main bridge in/out of Sligo as above, and continue as above.

Sorry Kettleson.

irish-stew wrote: »
    Motorway from Donegal direction? When was that built?

:p

There is a lot easier way if coming from Donegal direction.

When you come into Sligo from Donegal, take the left just before the main bridge, follow this road, river will be on your right.

You'll come to a junction where you will be forced to turn left on to a one way and heading up a hill. take the middle lane just after the traffic lights, halting site will be on your right, you'll come to a juction one lane going straight ahead, and two to the right, stay in you lane and take the right, then down the hill, over the cross roads and zebra crossing, over a smaller bridge, and immediately turn left.

Keep following this road till you come to the retail park on your right. Along the way the river will be on your left, then through a residential area with the river and park continuing on your left for most of the way.

If coming from dublin/galway/mayo direction on the N4 Dual Carriageway (was this the motorway you were referring to Kettleson?), go straight over the round about, then over several sets of traffic lights, then turn right immediately after the main bridge in/out of Sligo as above, and continue as above.

Sorry Kettleson.

Sorry? Why sorry?

Sorry? Why sorry?

All the effort you put in, and incase you thought it was being dismissed.

irish-stew wrote: »
    All the effort you put in, and incase you thought it was being dismissed.

Oh not at all Irish...hilarious really, car pulls over and asks "whats the best way to ...." I send car one way, you send them another.

I'd say you are right, it's just the way in my head that I would naturally go...my life moves in circles...: )

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

You know what would solve this... an eastern bridge!

• Advertisement

Gipo3 wrote: »
    You know what would solve this... an eastern bridge!

Yeah, the town is a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Oh not at all Irish...hilarious really, car pulls over and asks "whats the best way to ...." I send car one way, you send them another.

I'd say you are right, it's just the way in my head that I would naturally go...my life moves in circles...: )

It's the one thing I hate doing, giving directions in person to someone who pulls up and asks you the way to someplace.

All of a sudden which is left and which is right becomes a blur and I'm standing there stuttering..... "and then take....eh.....errrr.....a left...... no right......"

Plazaman wrote: »
    It's the one thing I hate doing, giving directions in person to someone who pulls up and asks you the way to someplace.

All of a sudden which is left and which is right becomes a blur and I'm standing there stuttering..... "and then take....eh.....errrr.....a left...... no right......"

Yeah, I was getting into car parked on the hill. Chinese fella, not great at speaking English, and my Chinese aint great. Asks for directions to the Sligo Park.

There was 2 cars in his party, full of kids and grandparents. Obviously been round the town a few times. I was heading to the IT, but whats a fella to do?

So I says "follow me". I could see that a lady, probably his wife, was videoing my car the whole way round town, her kids in the rear seat.

We got there, eventually. I won't give details of route taken. I left them at the Sligo Park car park, didn't get out. But I could see as I turned back onto the main road again to go back to the IT, that they were all out the cars waving goodbye.

I lowered my shades and drove off into the warm Sligo summer afternoon, and as I approached the traffic light, they turned amber and I brought my vehicle to a halt whilst whistling "Born Free".

I ocassioally get my left and right mixed up, if you asked me the same thing on the street, I could easily have you down at the docks, or in strandhill.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

OP's question has been answered and thread is going off-topic. Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement