Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What role do new media technologies/platforms play in identity construction?

• 08-01-2013 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone,
    I am curious what role you think new media technologies/platforms play in identity construction? Why people don't embrace all the platforms? What's the concern of you? Do you have such concern that bosses are gonna see your status?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Identity construction in a psychological or sociological perspective?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Curious or researching?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tracy1117

Both! I wanna know why you choose this platform but not that one? What's your attitude to using social networks? Why you change your attitudes?
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tracy1117

dahamsta wrote: »
    Curious or researching?

To be honest, research.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Tracy1117 wrote: »
    Both! I wanna know why you choose this platform but not that one? What's your attitude to using social networks? Why you change your attitudes?
    Cheers!

Some companies want a professional touch, others want a fun touch so they choose their social networking channels based on the user base of each one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tracy1117 wrote: »
    To be honest, research.
    Boards isn't a userbase for research. I will leave this open, for now, as it may become a good discussion.

Advertisement