Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opticians in Dublin

Options
  • 08-01-2013 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

I wear glasses (not all the time) but I've had the same pair for about 6 or 7 years. I don't think my prescription has changed but I do want to get my eyes checked and get some new glasses (my current ones are pretty battered and worn).

Can anyone recommend an optician (chain, individual, anything) in Dublin? Nothing overly expensive would be great!

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Specsavers in GPO Arcade or Vision Express on Henry Street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

tomboylady wrote: »
    Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

I wear glasses (not all the time) but I've had the same pair for about 6 or 7 years. I don't think my prescription has changed but I do want to get my eyes checked and get some new glasses (my current ones are pretty battered and worn).

Can anyone recommend an optician (chain, individual, anything) in Dublin? Nothing overly expensive would be great!

Thank you!

depends were you live/work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

The National Optometry Centre on Kevin Street is part of DIT, which has the only optometry school in the country.

They carry out free eye tests, done by students supervised by lecturers.

They do a decent selection of frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Lad Of Banter

there is one opposite the entrance to Steve's Green SC, think it's just called Vision opticians or something, but they do a good value checkup, etc... & have a good range of cheap & expensive glasses

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Got glasses in Specsavers, Grafton St, recently. The eye test was only €10 and they had loads of deals on glasses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll definitely check out Specsavers and also the place across from the Stephen's Green SC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is a discount opticians beside murrays chemist on talbot street if you are on a budget

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Using Specsavers in the GPO Arcade for the past 6 years or so (since the dreaded "You need glasses"), always very helpful. Personnally I always splash the cash a bit on new glasses with thinning (-3.75 eyes equals thick lense) and I like my designer ones too, depends on your budget, but they have loads of non-designer ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

I find supersavers in talbot street to be very cheap,

- Full eye test only €5: Before 11am with no obligation to buy spectacles.
    - Full eye test only €5: When spectacles purchases at any time of day

Advertisement