Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bakery- who in 32 counties could sell me a medium (20-30L) sized planetary mixer?

Options
  • 08-01-2013 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi
    we've been supplying a local shop now for 5 years with handmade GF bread out of our own wheat-free separate domestic equipped kitchen (have a pair of nearly knackered now Kenwood Chefs and 2 normal domestic ovens and a packaging machine)

Recently things have really taken off and we've been invited to increase supply to a well known sandwich chain and this means I have to look at the whole question of workplace equipment....and I've hit a problem in that so far I've not found anyone local who can supply a suitable mixer for our dough at the right level....a problem is it seems to be difficult to make a GENTLE foray into the next level...most new hardware beyond what I'm currently working with seems to be full on industrial gear....3 phase and well never mind the capital outlay risk some of the kit is just beyond my plan for the forseeable 5 years...sledgehammer to crack a nut so to speak

I need a single phase 40L planetary mixer for our dough, pref bench but floor ok if has to be....now I have seen examples of Hobart-style 20-40L single phase planetary mixers on EBAY that might meet the need but the problem is these traders are UK, German or Polish and I'm worried about warranty not to mention the shipping cost and support (parts gears belts whatever)

I have been offered secondhand but apart from the usual equipment risks it cannot be secondhand unfortunately due to the gluten/wheat free requirements

Would appreciate any pointers if anyone been thru this?

Would anyone know of a supplier on the island of Ireland that can supply medium sized planetary mixer to us?

thanks!

Comments

Advertisement