Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC visa question

• 08-01-2013 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭

When do the next set of visa's get released after the ones that are about to be released? Or are they all released in January for the year and that's it???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Del007 wrote: »
    When do the next set of visa's get released after the ones that are about to be released? Or are they all released in January for the year and that's it???
    released in one go at start of the year.should be open soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Del007 wrote: »

They all get released at once. If you are not thinking about travelling anytime soon you can still apply and activate your visa anytime within 12 months. Your visa time starts at that stage and last a further 12 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Del007

was it not the case where they release the visa's every 6 months???

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭desodon

released in one go at start of the year.should be open soon

Any idea how long is soon? Days/weeks?

Is it difficult to get this Visa? I am 26 graduated 3 years ago have 3 years working experience since in IT/Finance. Can I expect to get one? Or is it a lotto?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

i believe it's a first come first serve type basis, provided that you fill out form correctly and provide all relevant documentation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I keep hearing horror stories about forms being sent back because of errors that weren't actually errors.

I have to get my police cert sorted soon if I want to make sure I get a visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭desodon

i believe it's a first come first serve type basis, provided that you fill out form correctly and provide all relevant documentation.
    Gintonious wrote: »
    I keep hearing horror stories about forms being sent back because of errors that weren't actually errors.

I have to get my police cert sorted soon if I want to make sure I get a visa.

are all the visas typically gone in the first few days or something?

Took close to five months last year but judging by FB and the forums and chatting to people it will go fast this year

there will be more visas available this year than last, yeah?

7500 I think this year but when you factor in most of the 5250 allocated last year probably don't want to go home and havent looked at any other programs plus every one seems to want to leave Ireland then the visas will probably be used up really quickly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭MrPoker

I am just about to apply for the Canadian working holiday visa. Can anybody who has experience of go4less and USIT tell me why there is such a difference in price go4less being E75 and USIT being E399?

Also I am intending to head out around Oct so I take it my Visa would commence from then or would I be better off waiting until next year to apply? As my job will finish in Sept I really don't want to hang around too long so Oct would be ideal.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

MrPoker wrote: »
    I am just about to apply for the Canadian working holiday visa. Can anybody who has experience of go4less and USIT tell me why there is such a difference in price go4less being E75 and USIT being E399?

Also I am intending to head out around Oct so I take it my Visa would commence from then or would I be better off waiting until next year to apply? As my job will finish in Sept I really don't want to hang around too long so Oct would be ideal.

Thanks in advance

Awh mate, don't pay for any of those! The process is so simple and really does not require paying money for something you can do yourself.
    If you really want to though just for the comfort of having made sure you have everything correct go for go4less. It's typically the same thing.

Once you get your visa you have a whole 12 months to activate it, you can do that anytime between then.

USIT are very ignorant and unhelpful on the phone when i rang recently, i used them when i went to oz a number of years back, certainly wouldnt touch them with a barge pole. the rest of them are scam artists too, they make you feel like the application process is very complicated and you need their "expert" assistance....do it yourself is what i say, take your time, get somebody to check your application and you should be fine, i wouldnt put the trust in usit or the likes to handle my application.

Advertisement