Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing health insurance policy

Options
  • 08-01-2013 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Hi,

Last week I decided, due to finances, to cut back on my policy to a cheaper one, within the 14days timeframe to change policy from renewal date. Done, no probs. However, just 3 days later and I'm already regretting it. The whole fear factor has kicked in and I don't feel comfortable on reduced cover.

Am i within my rights - it is still within the 14 days - to change back again, based on second thoughts. It's only 3 working days since I downgraded.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Suppose it depends on age and current health and how much you like sharing a room.

From what I see, the medical end is quite similar on most plans with the accomodation being the main changer.

Personally I'm quite happy with a semi private room and no maternity cover (male) and an excess of €250 if it means a decent saving. I'm also quite healthy and there's no illness history in the family.

However, if I had health issues or family had history of health issues, I would probably want something that covers GP visits and other day to day expenses.

As to upgrading cover - there shouldn't be an issue especially if its with the same company. - But maybe have a chat with someone and check all the policies available even those from other companies. Sometimes you are paying for things you'll never need such as maternity cover if you are male or 45+

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Most companies are happy to move you up; it's when you want to go down it becomes an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

If you're within your 14 days you can still change.

Just a quick point on some of the above points, maternity cover cannot be removed from a policy to make a saving, even if you are a male!

Advertisement