Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Playpen -> MauraTheThird!

• 08-01-2013 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

Maura entered my life a long time ago, and through her desire, dedication and ambition, and my haphazard advice, our lives were soon to be entwined in a tale of studiousness and daredevilry, which has culminated in this moment, the greatest honour which could have been bestowed on me, the introduction of the playpen of MauraTheThird!

We have met and chatted on numerous occasions, which have unfailingly resulted in banter galore!, and I hope we continue to do so! Her posting in C&H has brought about a youthful vitality and a certain "Je ne sais quoi" et "Joie de Vivre" to the forum! She has been accepted into #C&H successfully, (after many a request from me :P), and has truly become a valued member of our close-knit community in C&H!

So, without further ado, I give you MauraTheThird! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Whens the wedding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

How has knowing Paly changed your life?

Did meeting Paly fill a void in your life?

What's your favourite characteristic of Paly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Did meeting Paly fill a void in your life?

41583_137980532886957_3577_n.jpg

Best question asked thus far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Do you touch yourself to the thoughts of palytoxin?

anirishlad wrote: »
    Do you touch yourself to the thoughts of palytoxin?

RIP Thread

8/1/2013 - 8/1/2013

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Swing or seesaw?
    Rice or pasta?
    Apple or orange?
    Cavanagh or Brookefield?
    Are you glad I advised you when I did?
    Biggest current goal in life?
    Biggest goal for tomorrow?
    Favourite sport?
    Like the Village?
    Any summer plans?
    Books or Ebooks?
    Favourite part of the day?
    Favourite module?
    Favourite song?
    Favourite film?
    Best thing of 2012?
    Best thing that might happen in 2013?
    Favourite non-boards website?
    Best piece of stationary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

asl?

Do all the non-trivial zeroes of the Riemann zeta function have a real part of 1/2?

What's your favourite colour?

What's actually your favourite colour?

No seriously, what is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Have you ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Would you rather Palytoxin or a turtle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

This proved too tough for even Davidius - are you up to the task? (Please be up to the task; I need confirmation that Mars bars aren't that great.)
    Rank these bars. Or if you're lazy you can mark them out of five. Comments are also welcome.

Lion Bar
    Mars Bar
    Snickers
    Freddo
    Animal Bar
    Wispa
    Yorkie
    Crunch
    Crunchie
    Twix
    Galaxy
    Twirl
    Kit Kat
    Aero
    Fudge
    Bourneville
    Dairy Milk
    Chomp
    Breakaway
    Double Decker
    Drifter
    Daim
    Flake
    Milky Bar
    Milky Way
    Bounty
    Penguin
    Star Bar
    Toffee Crisp
    Toblerone
    Topic
    Time Out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

"You are in Berlin, 1933. Somehow, you find yourself in a position where you can effortlessly steal Hitler's wallet. This theft will not affect Hitler's rise to power, the nature of WW2, or the Holocaust. There is no important identification in the wallet, but the act will cost Hitler forty Reichsmarks and completely ruin his evening. You do not need the money. The odds that you will be caught committing this act are less than 2 percent. Are you ethically obligated to steal Hitler's wallet?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Cop on anirishlad.

Rate the following animals in order of cuteness:

Koalas
    Pandas
    Kittens
    Puppies
    Baby Jaguars
    Baby Lions
    Dolphins
    Babies (Humans)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Cop on anirishlad.

Koalas
    Pandas
    Kittens
    Puppies
    Baby Jaguars
    Baby Lions
    Dolphins
    Babies (Humans)

You forgot sloths!!

Have you forgotten to answer your questions, Maura? Don't forget that not answering your questions is the most heinous crime on boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

"You are in Berlin, 1933 Cork, 2012. Somehow, you find yourself in a position where you can effortlessly steal Hitler's Palytoxin's wallet. This theft will not affect Hitler's rise to power, the nature of WW2, or the Holocaust the banter. There is no important identification in the wallet, but the act will cost Hitler Paly forty Reichsmarks Euro and completely ruin his evening. You do not need the money. The odds that you will be caught committing this act are less than 2 percent. Are you ethically obligated to steal Hitler's Palytoxin's wallet?"

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Firstly, thanks Palytoxin for the brilliant Intro- I appreciate it :D

Whens the wedding?

That's for Paly and I to discuss but I do like a Summer wedding so we can wait and see. ;)

(Y'all are invited)

How has knowing Paly changed your life? Knowing Paly has certainly changed my life. Without his help, I may have never ever decided to go with Pharmacy and given how much I love it, it coud've been a disaster!

Did meeting Paly fill a void in your life? I wouldn't say he's filled a void but it is fair nice to have someone to plague about Pharmacy or C&H in general

What's your favourite characteristic of Paly? His ability to win Jizzler awards:D
    :D

41583_137980532886957_3577_n.jpg

Best question asked thus far?

I'm going to have tp agree with that and yeah, I'm ignoring anirishlad's cz it's weird and tbh, I'm not encouraging any behaviour of that kind. :p

Palytoxin wrote: »
    Swing or seesaw? Swings, seesaws are dangerous
    Rice or pasta? I do prefer pasta to rice. I think it's because pasta has variety. LOVE DE SHAPES
    Apple or orange? Apples ftw.
    Cavanagh or Brookefield? Cavanagh obviously. We didn't have Christmas tree but it's still class. LG52 <3
    Are you glad I advised you when I did? I actually am so glad you did advise me when you did. I was totally lost and confused at that time and didn't know what to do with my life. Not only do I love the course, I have made amazing friends too. THANKS PALY :D
    Biggest current goal in life? I'd love to travel the world, to visit every country at least once! I have great plans for inter-railing next summer should funds and friends prove sufficient:D
    Biggest goal for tomorrow? To not fall asleep in Biochem. Love Dmitri....
    Favourite sport? I kinda love rowing. I love the technique and precision of it. When you see the Irish Rowing team in an eight, the sound is immense... I'll post a video of it. I just think it's one of those classic sports and I wish I was still an uber active member in Tralee :L
    Like the Village? Love the Village. Gerry's sound when he wants to be, I've friends in various apartments so it's nice to be able to meander in the evenings. It's grand like :D
    Any summer plans? Work :L And hopefully a holiday. And if all that fails, THE ROSE OF TRALEE FESTIVAL <3
    Books or Ebooks? Books obvs, I'm such a technophobe
    Favourite part of the day? Approximately 6.30 pm- HOME AND AWAY
    Favourite module? We've only just started in but I know Imma love Pharmacology. I've ALWAYS wanted to know how drugs actually work.
    Favourite song? Of all time? Probably Meatloaf- I would do anything for love. It's the song that was no. 1 when I was born and it's also just an amazing song.
    Favourite film? I have so many... Slumdog Millionaire, The Hunger Games, Life of Pi, Inside Man.. They're the first that spring to mind :p
    Best thing of 2012? Doing well in the LC and getting my no.1 choice. Best feeling ever!
    Best thing that might happen in 2013? I won't fail first year!
    Favourite non-boards website? I do love Hyperbole and A Half- it's a blog and it's ****ing hilarious.
    Best piece of stationary? Black pens, you can't go wrong

Christ. So many questions >.<

asl? 64, M, Pakistan.. You likey?

Do all the non-trivial zeroes of the Riemann zeta function have a real part of 1/2? I'm not even going to try because I'll fail woefully

What's your favourite colour? Blue

What's actually your favourite colour? Sea blue..?

No seriously, what is it? Ok ok, you got me, it's turquoise

Have you ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? I genuinely don't understand this question so can I pass on it? :confused:

• Advertisement

Would you rather Palytoxin or a turtle?

I prefer to have both but if Paly bought me a ninja turtle backpack, I'd choose him... Otherwise, who knows :p (I jest, Ian's class )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Sorry it sounded better in my head :L

Chicken curry or sweet and sour?
    Two door cinema club or ed sheeran?

This proved too tough for even Davidius - are you up to the task? (Please be up to the task; I need confirmation that Mars bars aren't that great.)

I think that I am not worthy of this great task tbh and I'm extremely lazy so I picked out my top 5 :P

Crunchie Honeycomb goodness. I just love the way it tingles in your mouth if you suck on it and the crackling sound it makes. Always the first thing I eat from a selection box :D

Twix Is there a better chocolate bar for having with tea? I think not.

Galaxy It's just so smooth and creamy. I also like the fact that it's split into rectangles and that they have details on them. A facny chocolate bar. Savage.

Dairy Milk You'll never beat the Irish.

Toffee Crisp Just for being one of those class, filling chocolate bars. It's like a meal in itself.

Hope that that's ok Jef. I tried, I tried :o

Colm! wrote: »
    "You are in Berlin, 1933. Somehow, you find yourself in a position where you can effortlessly steal Hitler's wallet. This theft will not affect Hitler's rise to power, the nature of WW2, or the Holocaust. There is no important identification in the wallet, but the act will cost Hitler forty Reichsmarks and completely ruin his evening. You do not need the money. The odds that you will be caught committing this act are less than 2 percent. Are you ethically obligated to steal Hitler's wallet?"

My immediate thought is yes, just to piss him the hell off but tbh, stealing is wrong and knowing me, I'd be the 2 % who'd get caught so I'd pass :)

Cop on anirishlad.

Koalas
    Pandas
    Kittens
    Puppies
    Baby Jaguars
    Baby Lions
    Dolphins
    Babies (Humans)

Babies (Humans) > Kittens > Puppies > Baby Lions > Baby Jaguars > Koalas > Pandas > Dolphins :D

Have you forgotten to answer your questions, Maura? Don't forget that not answering your questions is the most heinous crime on boards.ie

I had things to do and people to see. The sheer volume of questions scared the bejeasus outta me, I'm not gunna lie... But I'm here now and slowly making my way through them, one at a time :p

Colm! wrote: »
    "You are in Berlin, 1933 Cork, 2012. Somehow, you find yourself in a position where you can effortlessly steal Hitler's Palytoxin's wallet. This theft will not affect Hitler's rise to power, the nature of WW2, or the Holocaust the banter. There is no important identification in the wallet, but the act will cost Hitler Paly forty Reichsmarks Euro and completely ruin his evening. You do not need the money. The odds that you will be caught committing this act are less than 2 percent. Are you ethically obligated to steal Hitler's Palytoxin's wallet?"

I could never do that to Paly <3

anirishlad wrote: »
    Sorry it sounded better in my head :L

Chicken curry or sweet and sour?
    Two door cinema club or ed sheeran?

I'm sure it did :p Like where that random penis comic should've stayed- in your head. I'm forever mentally scarred.

You're forgiven for now ;)

I prefer sweet and sour simply becasue I'm weak when it comes to curries. Any bit of spice is too much and I'm just not able for it. Therefore, by default, SWEET AND SOUR FOR THE WIN.

You cannot not love Ed Sheeran. Two Door Cinema are class too but I've such grá for Ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Babies (Humans) > Kittens > Puppies > Baby Lions > Baby Jaguars > Koalas > Pandas > Dolphins :D

Does it hurt being so WRONG?!

:P

• Advertisement

Does it hurt being so WRONG?!

:P

Wrong? Wrong?! WHAT IS THIS?

Advertisement