Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Promises - Eircom abandon plans to provide fixed line broadband in cities

Options
  • 09-01-2013 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

In 2007 Eircom the CEO of Eircom announced that Eircom would provide basic fixed line broadband within the five major urban areas in two years. This infamous promise has been spectacularly broken. Could Eircom reps confirm the following.

1 Eircom is refusing to honour the 2007 "take all orders in the cities" promise.

2 Eircom has no plans to broadband enable any further Exchanges within the five major cities.

A thread that I started on this a few months ago was shut down by a moderator on the rationale that Eircoms abandonment of the rollout of broadband in the cities was commercially sensitive and shouldn't be highlighted or questioned. I disagree. Eirocom has a monopoly in the enabling of Exchanges for broadband in Ireland and they should at the very least be forced to admit that the enabling of Exchanges in the major cities has been abandoned.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

regress wrote: »
    In 2007 Eircom the CEO of Eircom announced that Eircom would provide basic fixed line broadband within the five major urban areas in two years. This infamous promise has been spectacularly broken. Could Eircom reps confirm the following.

1 Eircom is refusing to honour the 2007 "take all orders in the cities" promise.

2 Eircom has no plans to broadband enable any further Exchanges within the five major cities.

A thread that I started on this a few months ago was shut down by a moderator on the rationale that Eircoms abandonment of the rollout of broadband in the cities was commercially sensitive and shouldn't be highlighted or questioned. I disagree. Eirocom has a monopoly in the enabling of Exchanges for broadband in Ireland and they should at the very least be forced to admit that the enabling of Exchanges in the major cities has been abandoned.

Hi regress,

We have no new information in which we can address these queries as per the previous thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056729537&page=3

I understand your frustration, however the main function of this board is to help customers with account or service related issues and queries.

Which is why the previous thread was closed. So I can only re-iterate that we will continue to post any new public information we receive regarding Bitstream, NGB or fibre roll-out.

However this in not the correct platform to obtain an official response from eircom regarding your query.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement