Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old HB Ice-Cream Name??

Options
  • 09-01-2013 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello, does anyone remember an old HB ice-cream/ice-pop/sorbet thing that was released in the late 1990s. It was a lemon sorbet type thing that came in a small yellow tub with a spoon and may have been kind of sour?? I've been searching the web for quite some time with no sucess. my guess would be that it was released around 1998 and the advert for it had a load of young people dancing to the tune of "You're Free (To do what you want to do). I also believe it MAY have begun with the letter Z. If this rings any bells at all please letme know!! i know im not crazy!!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Kevsterr wrote: »
    Hello, does anyone remember an old HB ice-cream/ice-pop/sorbet thing that was released in the late 1990s. It was a lemon sorbet type thing that came in a small yellow tub with a spoon and may have been kind of sour?? I've been searching the web for quite some time with no sucess. my guess would be that it was released around 1998 and the advert for it had a load of young people dancing to the tune of "You're Free (To do what you want to do). I also believe it MAY have begun with the letter Z. If this rings any bells at all please letme know!! i know im not crazy!!

Solero Shots?

soleroshots.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kevsterr

Good answer but not it unfortunately! thanks all the same.... the one i'm on about came with a little plastic spoon and had the consistency of sorbet and was yellow in colour... it was really rather delicious!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Sounds vaguely like a HB Maxi Twist, but they're probably more recent.

450-Maxi-Twist_09_tcm28-299275.jpg

yes it was along the lines of a maxi but it wasn't ice cream... more like a yellow lemon sorbet in a maxi-like tub with a spoon... it was only around for a VERY limited time. For like the summer of 1998 and then it dissapeared! I must have been it's biggest fan as i bought one nearly every day back then but at this stage i doubt even HB would remember it if i called/wrote to them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Extinction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Was it a Calipo?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭repsol

Was the name Kilimanjaro?

nope deffo not a callipo but it was kinda that consistency though... but in a tub... with a spoon.

Kilamanjaro doesnt ring any bells, what was that like?

The one i'm thinking of had a short name and i think it began with Z

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

Extinction wrote: »

Thank You! I think i may have found it!! I think it was called Brizz and came in Cola and Lemon flavour... thanks!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Kevsterr wrote: »
    Thank You! I think i may have found it!! I think it was called Brizz and came in Cola and Lemon flavour... thanks!!

Yes it was called Brizz or soemthing - I remember it.
    I was looking at your post last night going 'I remember that' but couldn't think of the name or anything. I ate those!

Advertisement